PDA

View Full Version : ??Advance ballasts??

Green Thumb
04/16/2003, 05:15 PM
I want to run an Iwasaki 250w 65k bulb and want to use the advance ballast 71A3572 or the 71A3802-600. I can only seem to find derivatives of these ballasts. The one I found today is the 71A57A0001D. Can anyone tell me if this could be a safe alternative. The lady at Advances technical support siad it would be ok but she didnt sound very sure of herself!???

PaulErik
04/17/2003, 10:25 PM
71A57A0001D is a standard Metal Halide ANSI M58 CWA (Constant Wattage Autotransformer) ballast.

It will operate the Iwasaki Clean Ace Daylight lamp but the manufacturer recommends a High Reactance or Reactor ballast like the Advance part number: 71A3802

71A3572 is Mercury Vapor ballast but isn't the correct circuit type. This ballast is a CWA ballast. It will also operate the Iwasaki lamp but its not recommended.

If you don't have the Iwasaki lamp (Clean Ace) you may want to look for the new Iwasaki (Clean Arc) daylight lamps. The Clean Arc lamps are designed for any standard type metal halide ballast.]

Hope that helps

Green Thumb
04/24/2003, 09:55 AM
Thanks Paul I apreciate your help. I ended up getting the 71A57AO by advance and it seems to work fine. Apparently the advance 3802 is discontinued?? This is what a few lighting stores told me as they tried to redirect me to other makes and/or models. I believe I read a post on RC (maybe your post?) that mentioned electronic ballasts are more energy efficient than the coil ones. Could you please tell me of a good electronic ballast to run my Iwa 250w clean ace bulb.
Thanks again.