PDA

View Full Version : Mh??

Kc189
04/15/2003, 06:47 PM
I am looking for MH lights right now and I need a little help! What kind of ballast should I be looking for? I keep hearing that Elec ballast are so much better, are they worth the extra money up front? One other thing What color bulb should I get, I have 4 VHO's right now 2 50/50 and 2 blue. I really like the colors I get in my tank right now and I have enough room to add the MH light and still be able to keep all the VHO's. Is it a good idea to keep all of them or should I back down to just 2 Blues. Oh and what Wattage would be the best!

I have a 60G tank 40x16x22.

Keith

wizardgus®
04/19/2003, 04:03 PM
I like the electronic ballasts because they are smaller and cooler running, easy to mount in various places. Also, they can run any bulb made, so they give you the flexibility of trying different bulbs from time to time. But, it is a personal preference judgement call. I'm happy with mine.

If you like the color you have you will probably want to try either a Radium, 20,000K or a 14,000K bulb. I think 250 W would work well with your tank. As for keeping all you have now...why not? You still won;t be approaching natural sunlight intensity. Just be sure to acclimate your tank to the new light slowly. HTH