PDA

View Full Version : 150w 6500k DE("HQI") lamps: Where?

Scleractinian
04/14/2003, 09:08 PM
I'll be moving in a few weeks, and intend to consolidate my systems. I intend to set up an Oceanic 58 as an "SPS" tank, and have decided to light it with the three 150w Fulham HighHorse electronic ballasts and DIY (formerly regent 300w tungsten halogen) luminaires that I've had mostly laying around unused for the past year.

I have 4 lamps (again, 150we DE "HQI"): 2 Ushio 10kK and 2 AB 10kK. I'd like to use the Ushios for the 2 lamps closest to the ends of the tank, and get a 6500k for the middle of the tank (for PAR and to simulate mid-day sun and color conditions).

My question: Though I'm sure that I've seen them advertised before, I can't find DE 150w 6500k lamps. I believe that the Iwasaki 6500k medium base lamp is essentially a 150 DE in an outer, SE envelope, so it seems that Iwasaki would sell the lamp as a DE version too... But I can't find it anywhere.

Does anyone know where I might be able to get a major brand 6500K 150w DE lamp?

Comments on my proposed lighting also welcome. Please don't tell me to go with 250w DE though.. I would like to, but I have these. 3 on a 58 should be fine, especially with decent reflectors see Sanjay's article).

Thanks!