PDA

View Full Version : My Zo & Shroom reef

MUCHO REEF
04/11/2003, 07:31 PM
Just thought I would share one of my Mucho Reefs. Reef keeping is such a relaxing hobby. There is nothing more soothing than watching all of the beautiful sea life that God has blessed us with. I can't seem to find a wife, so I worship my reef. The photos were taken last December. It has gone through a lot of changes since that time. I have moved some of my Orange & Yellow Ricordea to this system as well as some of my colorful Zoanthids. The sytem is in the dinning room and it illuminates the entire living area in the evening. When I have found the woman of my dreams, I will promise to treat her to dinner by the sea, .....................for the rest of her life. AHH shucks that's romantic !!!

Someday I will shoot some updated pictures of the reef to show how she has matured.

Safe reefing everyone.

Chow

MUCHO REEF
04/11/2003, 07:37 PM
Top View

rrod1021
04/11/2003, 07:38 PM
Very nice! What are you using for lighting?

John Brancheau
04/11/2003, 08:04 PM
Hey Mucho,

Have you thought about whether or not you might consider selling off some of those beautiful zoos you have . If you do think you might, please e-mail me Brancheau@wyan.org, I too live in Mi, and would like to see what you might want to get rid of.

usagolf
04/11/2003, 09:46 PM
Hi MuchoReef
I live in SE MI. I would be interrested in getting some corals from you if you are interrested. Let me know.
Great looking tank.

TS
04/11/2003, 11:25 PM
Hey muchoreef, that's one sweet friggen tank.

If I were a woman I'd marry you just to get that view. :)

Great work, please post your specs. And be careful posting pics like that, these zo fiends will have you setting up a frag tank in no time... trust me, I know. :)

Travis

cal3v
04/12/2003, 05:51 PM
Wow amazing tank. Good job:) .

MUCHO REEF
04/13/2003, 05:34 PM
OOPS, my apologies. Just realized this is not the forum to post tank photos. I will ask the RC Mod. to remove it.

KorbinDallas
04/13/2003, 05:42 PM
I wet myself. Awsome tank.

Dude, leave the photos. Its still pertinent to the topic.

johnjr
04/13/2003, 06:23 PM
I agree, don't remove them. They are zoos and this is a zoo forum.

Zepplin
04/15/2003, 04:27 AM
Hey Mucho, any macro/close-ups. I'd love to see some!

-Meg :)

tyler
04/16/2003, 07:10 PM
wow! very nice

taku
04/19/2003, 12:05 PM
kudos! Beautiful tank!

What lighting setup are you running? The color mixture lights your tank up beautifully!

Piero
04/19/2003, 09:34 PM
beautiful!

Phreak
04/19/2003, 09:38 PM
SWEEEEET!

zimmy
04/19/2003, 09:52 PM
Close ups. We need close ups!!!

Such a tantilizing peek.

zimmy

MUCHO REEF
04/20/2003, 05:58 AM
I use PC lighting. I posted some macro shots in the "Post zo pictures here" thread on the last page. Thanks.

TPHAN
04/21/2003, 07:02 PM
Nice!! I like the many variety of colors and display method of the rock work. Thumbs up from me :thumbsup:

lebowski
04/22/2003, 10:22 PM
Are you interestedin selling any frags?

Teabag
04/22/2003, 10:41 PM
Lebowski,

<strike>I doubt it. I have decided that mucho reef is no more than a big tease. He flaunts his goods and even suggests selling them, but when it comes down to it: he's all talk and pictures.
</strike>
****Teabag: another post like this and you may not be able to post here much longer.******

Skipper

RedTurq
04/23/2003, 02:03 AM
Very Cool! :smokin: :smokin:

MUCHO REEF
04/23/2003, 04:02 AM
You know, it's amazing how a person from RC who doesn't know me and has never spoken to me, and knows nothing about me, will take advantage of this forum and take a blanket nasty shot at me for no reason. I began this threas by just sharing a picture of my reef as everyone else has. Realizing I might have posted it in the wrong forum, I tried to remove it and was told to just leave it. I also replied to the responding questions. Now someone responds with a complete lie and a sarcastic attempt to insult me. He/she should learn to limit his remarks to this thread and not the entire RC sight. Taking mulitple quotes from multiple threads and launching insults without EVEN bothering to think, well, that's a shame.

What he/she doesn't realize is that I posted pictures of my main system like everyone else has done. If that is flaunting, than thousands of RC members are guilty of flaunting. I have commented on many of the threads with helpful and constructive remarks, hmmm, was I flaunting there as well ? I am far too busy to play such a childish game as that. I thought of selling some frags and posted a thread to dozens of emails and PM and I have sold at least 100 frags already by mail. Never stopping to think that I was selling them in the order of those people who have responded. My sells have been private, not public. I haven't responded publicly on RC because I would receive more demand than I can supply. I am a hobbyist, not a business, I am very busy in my personal life and I don't have time to play games and "TEASE". I had many frags that I wanted to share and this person uses this forum to make such negative comments about me without ANY facts to support his statements. The pictures I was ASKED to post from this thread, my main reef, I posted some zooanthid pic in the "Post ZO PICTURES HERE" thread, which is where they should go. I never mentioned that those were the frags I had for sale neither did I make the reference in that thread. I haven't posted any pictures in the thread "Thinking of selling some zo frags". He doesn't stop to think why. I am continuing down the list of those who have replied to me privately and combinig the list with PM and replies to the thread. So you see how easy it is for someone to influence so many people with just one lie. I won't do to you what you have just done to me, but I will be praying for you that you won't do it to anyone else. I won't lower myself to even respond to the comment, "he's all talk and pictures". Much too imature for me.

BTW, I have ask the people who I have already sold to, not to post a feedback or reply because I didn't even want the publicity. You see I love the hobby, preserving the reef and making others happy by sharing my frags which I have put a lot of time into growing. I don't need to flaunt, I just GAVE away dozens of snails for free here on RC, Hmmmmm, I didn't sell them either. I wonder if that is flaunting. I have given away some other supplies as well, wow, could that be flaunting too. God forbid the constructive comments I have made to many other threads seeking helpful advice would be misconstrued as "flaunting". If so, I will stop. In closing, to the person who tried to cut me, go back and read each thread and stop wasting your time putting words in my mouth that aren't true.

"Lebowski", I added your name to the list, when I get to you, I will email you with what I have. Thank you for asking.

If this is the treatment you receive from trying to share, than I will go back to selling my frags locally and I will never post another picture or frag here on RC again.

usagolf
04/23/2003, 07:06 AM
Mucho,
Don't let one person's comments keep you from posting pictures. I for one am interresting in BUYING frags because I don't have anything to trade. I am sure you will be at the swap on Saturday, so I will see you there. :rollface:

lebowski
04/23/2003, 07:34 AM
Thanks mucho! I'm purchasing zoos now, well it's on my list to do, and I want to find a good seller!

Tomzpc
04/23/2003, 08:06 AM
Sweet looking tank there!

lakerfan
04/23/2003, 10:32 AM
Mucho - Keep posting pics!!!!!!! we need an inspiration to all our hard work. Don't let one guy's comments steer you away from posting. Your tank is beautiful and you have the right to show it off.

coolcat310
04/23/2003, 12:38 PM
Yeah, forget about him. Your tank is great!!! I want to see more pics, actually.

How big is the tank and how much pc lighting are you using to make it grow into such a beautiful tank?

Thanks,

coolcat310

MUCHO REEF
04/23/2003, 04:52 PM
Thanks COOL, LAKER, TOM, LEBO and USA. I will post some more pics this week. Please forgive the misspelled words in my long reply to the rude remarks. It was 5:00 AM in the morning and I just happened to turn on my PC to find that garbage. I was a little upset and I didn't take the time to check my spelling. Have a good day everyone and thanks again for the comments on my system. I would love to see yours as well.

Chow

John Brancheau
04/23/2003, 07:22 PM
I just wanted to post a reply when I read the concern over whethet or not mucho is what he says he is. I posted a reply to a thread mucho had put up trying to decide if he wanted to venture into selling some of these little beauties that he has. Patiently I waited and he did send me a p.m. inquiring where I was and if I was interested. I told him I was approx. an hour away and would be glad to come to his home if that was o.k., he invited me into his home and I was amazed at his display tank and his prop tank, he has some NICE stuff guys. He is a very well informed and polite person who took a chance with me and quite honestly he didn't know me from Adam. As for anyone who gets the opportunity to buy from him, consider yourself lucky, if every person in this hobby was as concerned with your purchase we would all be much better off. On a final not, he does work alot, his time is precious just like ours, give him a break, if your patient with him he will get to you. Mucho, hope you don't mind me posting this, I know you asked me not to post about how much stuff I bought from you , but I couldn't resist. I will be gettin more from you soon, I need to re-coop more monies.............:smokin:

MUCHO REEF
04/23/2003, 09:43 PM
Thanks John.

John Brancheau
04/23/2003, 10:13 PM
Not a problem, just hope your not too upset, you know I am still lookin for that one color we talked about and I don't want you to forget me when your ready to frag.

stereomandan
04/23/2003, 11:02 PM
Yeah, there are some pretty immature people in this site. Too bad someone decided to bash you out of their jealousy.

In any case. You have an amazing display of colors there. Something to be well proud of. The best I've ever seen actually.

Best of luck with your tank and your fragging experiences.

Dan

MUCHO REEF
04/24/2003, 09:26 PM
Thanks Stereo.

usagolf
04/27/2003, 05:45 PM
I met Mucho on Saturday at the Frag Swap and all I can say is that is a a class act. The first thing he asked me is if I had anything to trade, which to me meant that he was a real HOBBYIST. He is by far one of the most modest people I have ever met in my life. He sat there and talked to stereomandan and me for about an hour about different kinds of zoos. If there were more guys like him and the guys at the Detroit Frag Meet, this hobby would be a lot better. Neo, Jcopp, Max, stereomandan, thanks again for a great day

KEN

MUCHO REEF
04/27/2003, 08:32 PM
Wow, thanks Ken. It was a real pleasure meeting you. I think it's guys like you that really make this and enjoyable hobby. Thanks again for shaing all of your information as well. Take care man.

richw
04/27/2003, 09:30 PM
You can never get enough compliments! Mucho -- great tank and keep up the great work.

Where are you located? I too would like to be added to your list.

Kara
04/28/2003, 02:31 PM
wow.. that is an amazing tank. I love the vibrant colors. It looks velvety with all the mushroom textures.

I'm just now getting into the wonderful, wide world of zoanthids.. I can only hope that my little tank will blossom into a tank similar to yours!

Please put me down on the list of people who would like to trade/buy your zoos. I'm getting in my first bunch of zoos from thelogicalreef and I'm sure they will do VERY well, so I will have something to trade in a few months!

Project Reef
04/29/2003, 01:54 AM
That is a very nice tank. I love the dedicated look.

Proxymoron
04/30/2003, 12:32 PM
I *love* your tank! I initially wanted soft corals (shrooms and zoos) and seeing your tank confirmed how beautiful and amazing they are with proper care and dedication. What a beautiful display of colors you have. Great job!

Please add me to your list when you decide to start selling :)

Dixie

Runner
04/30/2003, 01:07 PM
I really like your tank, too. It is an inspiration. I have been planning on adding a lot of zoanthids to my tank now that it has "matured" over the last 8 months.

Have you ever entered it into the "Tank of the Month" here at RC? I think you have an good shot at breaking into the near-monopoly that SPS has on the competition. :D

MUCHO REEF
04/30/2003, 04:38 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind words. The list is growing and I am going through it as fast as I can. I will post some newly updated pics of my tank as soon as my new camera arrives.

The Zoo Guru ( chuckle chuckle )

halibutk
04/30/2003, 06:39 PM
I may have missed it in the posts but how big is your tank?

By the way awesome tank, now im thinking about setting up a tank with zoos and shrooms only along with my new SPS tank.

Have to talk my wife into letting me set the spare 20g i got up.

MUCHO REEF
04/30/2003, 09:24 PM
It's a 70 gallon, 48" x 20" x 18"

MUCHO REEF
04/30/2003, 09:38 PM
Thanks RUNNER. I really love this hobby and for me it has become a way of life. I have never considered posting for the TOTMI'm sure there are a lot of SPS lovers out there and I wouldn't want to post my tank pics just to win the contest. That would kind of make it a competition so to speak, and I wouldn't want to do it for that reason. There may be someone new out there who is just starting out and their reef isn't really where they want it to be right now, and they might feel that , "hey, my tank doesn't look so great so I won't post any pics for a year or so". That would send the wrong message I think. We want to see the infant stages as well as the mature reefs. I might consider posting it just to show what hard work and luck will produce. Not trying to be offensive at all OK. Your point is well taken though, thanks.

Zepplin
05/03/2003, 12:18 AM
Hey Mucho, I love the look of your tank, it is absolutely beautiful. Do you have any true blue-zoos. If so, I'd be interested in buying. Do you propagate rocordias as well? I wish, I wish, I wish you had a website- I'm dyin to see more pictures man.

-Meg :)

Skipper
05/04/2003, 09:11 PM
MUCHO: you have a PM. :D

eattix104@comcast.net

cinnamon
05/05/2003, 08:59 AM
hi, also live in michigan and would love to hear from you about some of the coral. i am new to this site just found it last week.and i love zoo's can't find to many where i live and have had my reef up and running for 3 yrs now. thank you hope to hear from you capdenny@aol.com

Jimbo327
05/06/2003, 04:36 PM
Awesome tank dude! Honestly, the tank looks a lot bigger than 70 gallon. What is that bright red "coral" in the middle of your tank? And I just don't get some people, it's his tank and his corals, he can do whatever he wants with it - sell it / horde it / flush it down the drain - whatever and it's nobody's business.

Keep up the good work, and post some more pictures. I haven't seen much dedicated tank...except for SPS. I know someone who keeps a dedicated nano for shrooms and buttons, and it's gorgeous, I can't imagine what your tank will look like. Must be real colorful and bright!

Jim :D

somethingfishy
05/14/2003, 06:53 PM
Please don't let the moron run you off. I was delighted to see such a beautiful tank. Should be a tank of the month for sure. I to was run off of RC for something that was said. Turned into a battle of words. I finally gave up, gave up my user name and came back as someone else. I would hate to see anyone else having to do that because some people are rude, crude and needing the boot from RC. Your tank is beautiful and I for one would love to see more of it.

kruxy
05/15/2003, 12:16 AM
do you have a higher resolution pic you could email me by any chance? i know there4 are size restrictions for posting reasons, but if you have a higher resolution photo i can actually zoom in with paintshop and get a nice close up look at some of that stuff.

i am still enamored with your red shroom things in the middle of the tank.

oh email to send a pic if you have one is krux@lanset.com

thanks and keep up the good work.

john76
05/15/2003, 03:51 PM
Friggin amazing......just friggin amazing.......I'm so jealous

:cool:

Phillips
05/15/2003, 05:26 PM
Mucho Reef-

Truly an awesome tank!:beer:

You said you use PC lighting, are you using a combo of 10,000K and actinic?

Thanks for sharing the pics & keep up the good work!!

MUCHO REEF
05/15/2003, 07:59 PM
Yes sir, 2- 10 k and 2 super blue actinics, all 65 watters. Thanks for the kind words.

Chow

partagas
05/15/2003, 09:43 PM
I might be a newbie. But after seeing your tank and reading your post (reply). You have changed me. I look at my tank and think what do I have to do to make my tank look like a master piece of art. And that is what your tank is Art. I know from the amount of time it took me to just figure out how to place my LR. That your tank took blood sweet and tears to get it to look like that. And if that were mine, I would have in the Macy's Display window with a sign saying look at this. You seem a very humble and sincere man. I hope you many, many years of good fortune.

cinnamon
05/16/2003, 06:21 AM
hi, i have just a few zoo's in my tank and i have noticed that you keep most of them in the middled or bottom of tank is a better place for them ? are their some that do better on the top of the tank?

Phillips
05/16/2003, 11:19 AM
Mucho Reef-

I forgot to ask you what kind of filtration, skimming, refugium, etc. you're running on your tank? Anything?

I was curious because I'm running a sumpless/skimmerless tank & my zoos seem to like it better the more I feed the tank.

^CelticReefer^
05/16/2003, 09:53 PM
Amazing tank. Keep those pics coming. Man, really amazing tank. I am for sure, 2 years away from that! First time I've been in this forum. I just got 3 zoo frags about a week ago. They are already spreading. Pink and green centers. Came from a colony the size of a basketball. I have some pics on my site. They have grew alot in a month. I need to get some new pics up.
BrianZoo frag pics (http://www.briansonlineaquarium.com/PhotoGallery3.html)

MUCHO REEF
05/18/2003, 05:11 PM
Thanks Partagas and Mariner.

Cinnamon, they seem to do well just about anywhere in the tank. I just placed them mid level to get a good light spray. The ones that I've placed higher as well as lower seem to be doing equally as well. Thanks for asking.

Phillips, I just use live rock filtration and a cheap skimmer. It seems that every system if different. I always say, "if it works, why change it". Good luck with your reef and we would love to see it sometime.

Take care.