PDA

View Full Version : LOA lights in columbus/Dayton?

raykremer
04/09/2003, 04:58 PM
I've looked all over Dayton for the LOA 65 watt flood light for my refugium. Anybody seen one in Ohio? I will be going to Cleveland this week-end, so anywhere along 71 is fine. (I picked up Southdown in Mansfield last week-end.)

Good thing my daughter plays basketball all over, or else I'd have to find another excuse to drive all over Ohio...

Thanks,

RayK

szwab
04/09/2003, 07:03 PM
two word for ya Wal-Mart... ok technically maybe that's one word.

but seriously saw them there i think they were 20-25$.

raykremer
04/09/2003, 07:57 PM
I've checked two wal-marts in Dayton, and a Sam's club...none had them...

I will have to just keep looking, and possibly visit a wal-mart or two on the way to Cleveland this week-end...

Thanks,

RayK

grif
04/09/2003, 08:27 PM
I got mine at HD a year ago.

TBR701
04/09/2003, 08:30 PM
I picked one up in Newark several weeks ago. It was the last one and on clearance. Paid about $22.00. I checked a number of Wal Mart stores in Ohio before I found that one. Wal Mart advised that they have discontinued the light.

I had earlier sent an email to LOA before I found mine. They could not give me much information and were slow to reply. They advised to contact one of their distributers, Energy Saving Products, 1-800-377-4545. You can pick one up on Ebay but they are running about $40.00 plus shipping. I also found a company that sold them on the internet but they wanted about $56 plus shipping.

I doubt that you will find one locally at a Wal Mart unless they have one left over.

Good Luck,

ggray-1
04/09/2003, 09:27 PM
I really need one to. Just starting my fuge and Im using two no bulbs. Iv been watching my walmart for sveral months.

TBR701
04/09/2003, 10:16 PM
You can do a search on Ebay under the word "Fluorex". This is the type of light used by LOA. As I mentioned, they are going for more then what Wal Mart was selling the for, most around $40.00 to $50.00.

I had also checked with Wal Mart on-line and they did not have them. I sent an email to Wal Mart and they advised they were unable to tell me which store might have them. I checked about a dozen stores before I found the one that was left in Newark.

At one store they advised their computer showed they were discontinued and would not be able to order one for me.

raykremer
04/09/2003, 10:28 PM
I just got this reply on another post in DYI. I will try to order tomorrow and let you all know.

http://www.energyguide.com/gear/product2.asp?pfid=258&zipcode=33710&uid=1

RayK