PDA

View Full Version : Pulsing Xenia Frags

clarktod
04/07/2003, 11:24 AM
Hey guy and gals, I have some Pulsing Xenia that needs to thined. Anybody out there want some before I take it to the LFS? I am about 15 miles north of Sioux Falls. Send me an email or PM if you want some.

Todd

mtellin
04/08/2003, 03:20 PM
Hey Todd,
What LFS you taking it too? Have you traded it in before? When I used to have some I took it to Mini's, I think they gave me 5.00 credit for some huge pieces they ended up selling in the 49.99 tank :rolleyes:

clarktod
04/08/2003, 04:49 PM
I have not traded it in before and I have talked to Mark about it at Mini’s. He said that he would give me in store credit for it, however, he did not say how much! I just assumed that that it would not be much. That is why I though I would offer it to people here first.

stonkers
04/09/2003, 03:15 PM
That A$$H0LE sold me his own personal used 48" Python Gravel Tube for $30 when I was waaaaayyyyy green and he was taking me under his wing. It's REALLY used also. The price on DrFosterSmith.com is:

CD-157829 Replacement Gravel Tube (48") $ 16.99

Of course, he just happened to have one that he didn't need and I desparately did. But they don't make them anymore, and it cost him $75, but I'll give you a great deal.

He sold me so much sh!t that I didn't need and killed so many of my fish for me. If I ever see him again, I'll freaking spit in his face.

Sorry folks, but this one ticked me off big!

stonkers
04/09/2003, 03:18 PM
...on drfostersmith comes with 28" hose, tail and female connector

stonkers
04/09/2003, 03:36 PM
and of course, he got it wholesale. Probably 8 bucks.

mtellin
04/09/2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by stonkers

He sold me so much sh!t that I didn't need and killed so many of my fish for me. If I ever see him again, I'll freaking spit in his face.

Sorry folks, but this one ticked me off big!
I can never remember who is who there but if Mark is the skinny kid with the pony tail I'll go with you :mad2:

If hes the older guy with the dark butch cut, he's the only guy who will even take a trade in for me, unlike the pony tail kid :mad2:

clarktod
04/10/2003, 06:59 AM
Mark is the guy with the butch cut and Jimmy is the guy with the pony tail.

stonkers
04/10/2003, 08:50 AM
That's him. He hasn't done "all bad" by me, but enough times that I won't go there again. In his favor, he gave me a brake on quantity tetras once. But really, if you rip me off once, I'll never trust you again. It's obviously in your nature...

Jimmy talked me in to putting a bunch of plants in a grandfather clock fish tank (60" tall with a 60 watt house bulb in it). They'll be fine, these require very little light to thrive. I won't be going back to Critters even though I work about 8 blocks away from it.

I guess there aren't a whole lot of places to go in SF, though. So I may make a liar of myself yet...

Travis
04/11/2003, 01:23 PM
Don't even get me started on Mark right now. He has dealt me so much s*&t that the Sioux Falls sewers couldn't hold it all.

What kind of xenia are they. I have 3 kinds already. I just don't want a duplicate. I sold some Xenia frags to Mini Critters for $10 store credit.

Travis

clarktod
04/11/2003, 03:43 PM
As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=3695

Todd

Travis
04/12/2003, 12:10 AM
Todd: Sorry, I already have that same umbrella xenia. My colony is about the same size as yours. This is the same xenia that I had traded in at Mini-Critters about a month ago for $10 a head.

I love it though. It grows soooo fast and pulsing action is awe inspiring. Where did your colony originate from? Mine came from Wet World in Minneapolis. My mom has the same one in her tank too. It's about the same size colony.

Do you have any other xenia?

Travis

clarktod
04/12/2003, 07:25 AM
This is the only type that I have and it orginated from DJREIB's 180 that he is tearing down.

Travis
04/14/2003, 01:43 AM
I have some Xenia I would be willing to sell you if you are interested. I have some elongata and a Fiji Pumping Xenia. That is what the LFS in Minneapolis called it. The Fiji is absolutely the most beautiful xenia I have seen since I have been in the hobby. It is very light pink(almost white in color) and grows like a tree(large thick trunk with polyps forming a mushroom head). It doesn't split regularly like most xenia. It grows up to 8" tall(so I've read). The biggest one I have is 5" tall with a 1.5" stalk. The one that I would sell is only about half that size with another small head forming at the base of the trunk. Sorry, I don't have a digital camera, so no pics.

Travis

clarktod
04/15/2003, 02:41 PM
No thanks, what I have now is enough for me.