PDA

View Full Version : Finger leather frag

Tomoko Schum
04/05/2003, 08:17 PM
Hi,

A large finger leather frag my friend sent to me by mail is not doing really well. When it arrived, its water was cold and the frag looked grey rather than pink. It looks pale pink now in my tank, but most of it looks very limp and lifeless. When I touch the frag, it releases cloudy stuff into the water column.

A small section of it is looking a lot better, a lot perkier, than the rest. Should I go ahead and cut this small section away from the rest and start a new frag before all of it dies or should I leave it alone? Since I have never fragged a coral before, I need advice for how to go about this.

TIA,

Tomoko

amatuereefer
04/05/2003, 08:38 PM
I would just leave it. I got a small frag from someone around a month ago and for over a week it was limp, lying directly on the rock, had no polyps extending (not sure exactly what theyre called, look like polyps though) and basically looked like one sad and dying coral. But over the past couple of weeks it has gotten its color back, has polyps fully extended, and is slowly but surely rising itself off the rock as its base strengthens. So, IMO, I would just let it be.