PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo, NY FS's?

Lynn
05/02/2000, 07:57 PM
Hubby and I are thinking of taking a drive out to Buffalo in the near future to see if we can find some nice corals. Our LFS's don't seem to have much selection. It's also a good excuse to have a romantic weekend without the kiddies. :)

Anyone here know of any good stores in the Buffalo area?

Mac
05/02/2000, 08:06 PM
i havent been there yet, but i hear that there are 2 maybe three real nice ones. i do know that if you go, look in the yellow pages and you will find them, i have a friend that swears by a place out there, we live in rochester. good luck

Zmann
05/02/2000, 08:50 PM
The place I goto is called Saltwater Paradise. Thats a good one that I've been to, lots of corals and fish always healthy. The other one that is suppose to be good is The Fish Place.

[This message has been edited by Zmann (edited 05-02-2000).]

Vins Fins
05/02/2000, 10:04 PM
the best place in buffalo is called the fish place. not to mistaken for the one in penn.
they are located in Tonawanda super prices
for a lfs. top quality stuff.

141 robinson st, north tonawanda, ny 14120
716-693-4411 give them a call for directions
any one will tell you that they are the best
chekout the clam i just got from them for 60$
it's an electric grade.
http://home.twcny.rr.com/vguarno/images/eleclam.jpg

Vinny

Mac
05/03/2000, 06:12 AM
hey vinny, thanks for the name and address of the fish place in buffalo.
i cant wait to get out there, i have heard great things.
what do you think of the place in cicero? marks place there on route 11. i was out there not too long ago and i thought he had good quality stuf, i never really looked at the prices though. i was impressed by his 4 big tanks with the glass shelves. tell him i said hi if you see him.
steve (mac)
from rochester.

Murphy
05/03/2000, 07:07 AM
Lynn, here's another vote for Saltwater Paradise. It's on Main St. in Tonawanda.... #54 I think. Very helpful people and even with the exchange the prices are great. Check out the IO salt, much cheaper than here.

Just an fyi in case you didn't know - you cannot bring back any hard corals without a CITES permit. I can't remember if fish fall under the permit as well. You may want to check that out. They take several months to get and you must apply for one in advance.

Vins Fins
05/03/2000, 07:15 PM
Hi Mac,

I've yet to see the place on rt 11. I'd have to say the best place in the syracuse area is Fairmount Aquarium 315-488-2437.

Murphy i was wondering where you herd of this law. I believe it applies only to endangered species and fish such as pirhanna
not sure if thats how to spell it.the corals in the store have been imorted so i'm sure you can export them.
http://home.twcny.rr.com/vguarno/

Vinny