PDA

View Full Version : sick fish need help

MitziBitzi
03/05/2001, 04:16 AM
I have a polka dotted grouper that I have had a little over a year now. I am still learning about this hobby so excuse me on the terminology. She is having great difficulty swimming and her body at tail end of body is bent almost in a concave position. She shows no signs of distress as far as gulping, rapid breathing, or gasping. She shows no visible signs of disease, no white spots no ulcers etc. She is eating but is having a difficult time staying up and is not swimming face forward and keeps falling on her side then falling down to bottom of tank. I have a lionfish and a puffer as well and they are acting fine. This is a marine only tank. She has never been a very good swimmer since I got her, but she just stays bent all the time and is all crooked and having hard time swimming. Is this a swim bladder problem and if so what do I do?? I hate to lose her.

rshimek
03/05/2001, 06:24 AM
Hi Mitzi,

I can't help you at all on this. I will move the thread to the Forum on fish care and diseases where you will find a lot more help.

MitziBitzi
03/05/2001, 07:03 AM
I had went there first, but didn't see many postings which is why I came here. Thank you and I hope they are able to help me.