PDA

View Full Version : April Meeting

hcs3
04/02/2003, 11:41 PM
The April meeting is a 'roadtrip' to Chicago and the Shedd Aquarium. The Shedd has recently opened a Philippine Reef display that totals out at over 750,000 gallons, a $47 million expansion project. This is only a small sample of what the Shedd holds within its doors. To help offset costs associated with the new exhibit, Shedd will have increased ticket prices for our meeting date ~ $21 per adult. Parking fees will also be charged, thus it is recommended we carpool to minimize parking fees.

If so desired, CIMA members can also view a few of the LFS in the surrounding Chicagoland area. A 11am meeting time outside the Shedd is proposed, with drive times and car pooling options dictating the actual departure time.

Anyone interested in attending or checking carpool options is encouraged to contact
Henry. (hcschultz3@insightbb.com)

kmk2307
04/27/2003, 12:40 PM
How'd it go, ya'll? Got any pics to post?

Thanks,
Kevin

hcs3
04/27/2003, 08:56 PM
link (www.cimaquarists.homestead.com/sheddaquarium.html)

kmk2307
04/27/2003, 09:58 PM
Niiiice! :bum:
Did you notice the fish by the huge derasa clam? I think those are these (http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?siteid=21&pCatId=1428)!

Kevin

DKKA
04/30/2003, 05:49 PM
Henry,

nice pics. But do you have any full or even partial tank shots?
Was the system itself impressive? I'm trying to decide if I should try to visit while I'm up for IMAC?

Thanks,
Dan