PDA

View Full Version : Attaching multiple ricordia to a rock

TIGER SHARK
04/01/2003, 02:01 PM
I have fragged several of my ricordia and tried the gravel bowl method to get them to attach to some rubble. Unfortunately they seem to curl up and the bottom side where they usually attach gets covered. All the frags have survived and are growing but I need to get them attached to a rock. What is the best way to put 4 or 5 frags on the same rock. I know super glue irritates them if you put it directly on them. Netting seems to irritate them too if you put slightly too much pressure on them. Anybody have another way of getting the job done? Using string or fishing line maybe???

Bryan Thompson
04/02/2003, 03:48 PM
You have tried the best 2 ways, netting and bowl, not sure what else to tell you. Go back to the bowl and make sure they are not in the current.

Bryan

Mr Neutron
04/02/2003, 11:57 PM
Try needle and thread. Run it through the bases a couple times and around the rock, the shrooms should attach pretty quick.

chet-tonja
04/03/2003, 02:47 AM
I use thread without sewing the ricordia. What you want to do is lightly tie two pieces in an X over the ricordia and a piece of rubble. Make sure it's out of the current which I'm sure I'm speaking the obvious. I've done this several times with success.

TIGER SHARK
04/03/2003, 03:15 AM
Any special kind of thread? The x sounds like a good idea.

BonsaiNut
04/03/2003, 11:43 AM
Go to the sporting goods store and buy the lightest-weight fishing line you can. It is cheap as dirt, biologically inert, and nearly invisible in water. Just don't let it get loose in your tank or down into your sump where it could damage your pump.

TIGER SHARK
04/03/2003, 12:58 PM
Good idea, thanx! I'll get some today

TIGER SHARK
04/06/2003, 03:35 PM
If only my babies were attached to some rocks, it would be easy!

Palmetto
04/07/2003, 06:20 AM
You get them to attach to small pieces of gravel, then glue the small pieces to larger rocks without getting glue on the ric.

Works like a champ!

Andru881
04/17/2003, 09:38 PM
I made a "rainbow" rock by placing 3 differnt colors of shrooms on a rock and covering it with bridal vail. If you go to wally world (aka wal-mart) and ask for a sample of it thay will give you a 3 foot by 3 inch strip for free...

Andru881
04/17/2003, 09:41 PM
I don't like the super glue method but it works good...I'm not the best with super glue since I once glued my hand to VCR....(I was changing videos which trying to build and archetecuarl model)

PS> spelling not my thing =)