PDA

View Full Version : Tank for sale

golfish
04/01/2003, 09:46 AM
The sand and rock is gone....Now its time to sell the tank, stand and canopy. Anybody interested shoot me an e-mail at SF49ER1959@AOL.COM

The tank is 48" long x 24" tall x 30" wide. It has two 6x6" corner overflows drilled for 1.5" bulkheads. The stand is 36" tall with two huge doors. The canopy is 12" tall.

http://members.aol.com/sf49er1959/reefpics/tanknstand.jpg

golfish
04/10/2003, 05:19 PM
here's a picture with the cap..............come on guys, 500.00 and its yours

dattack
04/11/2003, 12:09 AM
Sweet looking tank.
Bump for more people.

work765
04/24/2003, 10:24 AM
wrong thread

davamy
04/27/2003, 05:06 PM
what kinds of lights does it come with?

golfish
04/27/2003, 07:20 PM
none

Brian Koyama
04/29/2003, 11:22 AM
golfish,
Consider this tank SOLD. I'll take it. I emailed you so that we can setup a time/date when I can pick it up for the price you offered me.
Brian

Old Yeller Tang
04/30/2003, 02:17 AM
Sounds like someone got himself a nice tank!

sberman
04/30/2003, 09:58 AM
i was really thinking of getting this the end of may i hope you didnt drop the price to much if you did i could of got it sooner i thought you were firm on the price
oh well time to start looking again

golfish
05/03/2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by sberman
i was really thinking of getting this the end of may i hope you didnt drop the price to much if you did i could of got it sooner i thought you were firm on the price
oh well time to start looking again

You should know that firm means best offer. I don't know how many people told me they wanted it only to find out it wouldn't fit in their house or wouldn't go through the door way. Lets just say I'm paying Brian to take it away, or at least that's what it feel like.

sberman
05/04/2003, 12:04 AM
i guess when i read firm i miss understood and also you emailed me with a price of 499.00 cash .

next time i will know to make an offer i have a line on another one now so maybe i will get that one

glad you sold it
scott

golfish
05/04/2003, 01:06 AM
Scott,
The end of May would have been a little late for me. At the time we wrote I was firm with my price but as time went on I had to lower it. We're closing escrow in a few days and I didn't want to have to move the tank..I'm sorry you were not able to get the tank. I had so many people flake out on me that I had to take what I could at the time.

Brian,
Thanks for bringing the whole family down with you. Its funny how easy it was to move the tank. I can't believe how strong your mom is. I still have that 700 pound gun safe up stairs, can you ask your mom to help me move it down stairs, J\K, you know my backs bad so she's going to have to move it her self;)

sberman
05/04/2003, 01:11 AM
dont worry about it cash in hand is always good

i told the wife about it and she said if you really wanted it u didnt have to wait so i guess the only one to blame is me

oh well hopefully i can find one as nice

thanks scott

golfish
05/04/2003, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by sberman

i told the wife about it and she said if you really wanted it u didnt have to wait so i guess the only one to blame is me

Just another reason I had to get rid of it. My wife's not a big reef tank fan. Even tho I've had a tank going none stop for the last 20 years she's not a big fan. Needless to say she wanted this empty tank out of here.

Brian Koyama
05/05/2003, 11:30 AM
Mark, I need to take the tank back. It doesn't fit through any of my doors in the new house.Hahaha! My mom's available on weekends. I'll rent her out to you when you move your safe. I'm gonna check w/Ali to see if he has connections for the euro-bracing.
Talk to you later.
Brian

golfish
05/05/2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by neenish
Mark, I need to take the tank back. It doesn't fit through any of my doors in the new house.Hahaha! My mom's available on weekends. I'll rent her out to you when you move your safe. I'm gonna check w/Ali to see if he has connections for the euro-bracing.
Talk to you later.
Brian

Brian,
Sure, just bring it back and I'll give you what's left of our money:lol: You might ask Paul if he knows somebody.

moonpod
05/06/2003, 06:11 PM
It sounds like that tank is coming back to you...berkeleyboi is looking for a tank about the dimensions of yours....he's moved back down to L.A. as well....

golfish
05/06/2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by moonpod
It sounds like that tank is coming back to you...berkeleyboi is looking for a tank about the dimensions of yours....he's moved back down to L.A. as well....

Sure, I'll gladly give Paul back the 52 cents that's left of his money:lol:

Brian Koyama
05/07/2003, 10:10 AM
golfish,
What type/size return pump did you use with the tank? Did you use a gate-valve or ball valve for the over flows? Can you email me Paul's email address so I can ask him about the euro-bracing?
Thanks.
Brian

golfish
05/07/2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by neenish
golfish,
What type/size return pump did you use with the tank? Did you use a gate-valve or ball valve for the over flows? Can you email me Paul's email address so I can ask him about the euro-bracing?
Thanks.
Brian

Brian,
I used two Mag 12's for sump return. One ran outside to the chiller on a sperate circuit and the other just ran straight up to the tank. I used an AM3K on a closed loop with two 1" Sea Swirls for most of my flow, also had a Gemini running in there for the last 6 months. I used Ball valves on all my pumps. The main thng to think about is equipment maintenance, sit back and think about where your going to need ball valves\unions or ball valves with unions. The more the better.

Paul is Turtlespd here at RC. I'll e-mail you his address. If he can't help you I'd talk to your LFS about having it done, maybe even do it your self. Murray is very good with stuff like that, I bet he can do it.