Justjoe
03/30/2003, 09:29 PM
As if we don't waste enough of our time at Coralaholics R US,
here is another forum to look at:
http://www.ultimatereef.com
Joe

Corpus Callosum
03/30/2003, 10:42 PM
thanks, now I can keep updated with UK stuff.

Evergreen
03/31/2003, 07:58 PM
I read some threads here (on RC) written by some English guys about them curing LR with Phytoplankton. It seems to be somewhat popular there, i think its a great idea. It couldnt hurt, could it? I am going to try this when my rock comes in. Who sells Phyto? There is a guy selling some on ebay and there are mail order for DTs i see. Does anyone culture this stuff locally who is selling?

Corpus Callosum
03/31/2003, 10:52 PM
yeah I was reading the overseas forum and some guy was asked how he cured his live rock, he replied "the phytoplankton method", everyone just was like 'oh ok' as if it was a common practice... time for some research...

stealyourhouse
04/01/2003, 12:44 PM
Somebody else already did some research...

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=169301

Evergreen
04/07/2003, 11:30 AM
Ok after the curing "experiment" with my own live rock, my "hypothesis" would be that in order for this UK method to work, you NEED to have in the curing vat/tank some existing, cured and cycled LR After re-reading posts about each time people used the phyto method, they all used cured LR with the new stuff, and all never had ammonia over .25 , my amm has been consistantly 1.0 with phyto, with light, etc. I am sure nothing will be alive after this!!

joefish
04/07/2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Evergreen
Ok after the curing "experiment" with my own live rock, my "hypothesis" would be that in order for this UK method to work, you NEED to have in the curing vat/tank some existing, cured and cycled LR After re-reading posts about each time people used the phyto method, they all used cured LR with the new stuff, and all never had ammonia over .25 , my amm has been consistantly 1.0 with phyto, with light, etc. I am sure nothing will be alive after this!!
You will be truely shocked with what will survive :eek2: . It might take a few months but you will keep noticing things in your tank you didn't put there .:p