PDA

View Full Version : Chaotic Fragging of a Monti. Cap.

Rock Anemone
03/30/2003, 08:39 PM
Hey everyone. I was fragging my monti. cap. for a friend and it broke off the rock, then I tried again and it split in half, during this time a few little pieces came off.

It's only about 5-6 inches in diameter with a lot of plates. I did manage to make a little frag.

I then glued the rest back onto the rock which seems to be doing fine.

My question is, will the Monti. Cap. be ok? It's been growing pretty fast in my tank.

The tank's a 75 gallon reef with VHO lighting. The monti is at the top and there's medium to strong flow up there.

Any thoughts?

Rock Anemone

mgk65
03/30/2003, 08:42 PM
Don't worry, it'll be fine.

mgk

Rock Anemone
03/30/2003, 08:47 PM
Alright thanks! I just wanted a few more opinions. I also did a water change.

I used the Aqua-Stick brand of underwater puddy/cement. A little bit got ontop of the colony, think it will be fine? it's just like a little streak mark with the monti. cap. showing trough.

Rock Anemone:D

Aquaman
04/04/2003, 03:54 PM
Montiporia Capricornis will grow like weeds, and small frags can grow very quickly. Dont worry about them.

Tennsquire
04/04/2003, 05:12 PM
I recently had a small checkered snail shell fall onto one of my caps, and the coral has already grown over the shell and encased it. They're pretty hardy, fast-growing corals.

Pike
04/10/2003, 11:47 PM
Echoing previously posted sentiment: You're fine, they are bullet-proof.

A friend of mine with a killer reef refers to them as "dang nuisance corals!" & tries to kill them with epoxy :/

I don't think you can kill these!

j.p.