PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a closet full of unused parts they'd like to sell local?

JB_In_Fla
03/29/2003, 09:21 PM
Well I picked up my new tank today and will be setting it up over the next week. There's still a few things I need and before I buy any of it retail I'd like to see if someone might have some of this they'd like to get rid of (local). I live in New Port Richey but will drive from Springhill to St. Pete, maybe further for something pricier (lights). Here's what I need.

Lights: Dual 250watt MH setup, preferably complete and with a 48" reflector. Also preferably PFO style ballast as they're less expensive and that's important to me, and pulse start/HQI would be nice too. Only lights I'd like are Ushio 10k's or Radium 12k's (no 20k's, too blue).

Powerheads and skimmer pump: Any powerheads (except rio) will do as long as they have all mounting brackets and work fine. For a skimmer pump I'd like something in the 600+ gph range (not a rio). Mag 7 comes to mind but mag 9.5 wouldn't be out of the question and other brands aren't out either. I like the mag's for their price but any brand will be considered.

Salt: Anyone on the "IO is deadly" bandwagon? If so I'll come dispose of it for you free of charge :)

Rock/Sand: I need both! Southdown or equivilant, live or dead. I'd like some live rock and I doubt you have any in your closet but on the off chance someone is rearranging, etc. and has an excess of this stuff, drop me a line.

Sump: Anyone have a sump/refugium for a 90g tank for sale? I have a Sealife 150 wet/dry for sale/trade with bio-balls (drilled for external pump).

Misc Items: I will need a refractometer, test kits, magnetic glass scraper, doser (gravity style or electronic if price is right), 300w or more heater and a whole buch of other small stuff. I currently have other tanks and a pond but all are freshwater so any marnie specific items I'll need.

I'll probably start buying this stuff in a week or two so if in the near future you run across any of this drop an e-mail to jbeckman@tampabay.rr.com and with any luck I'll save some cash and you'll make some cash.

- Joe