PDA

View Full Version : Nation wide SHROOM TRADE?

Navymedic
03/28/2003, 05:47 PM
OK i have a nice nano full of shrooms and ric, but some of the stuff i have seen is simply GORGEOUS !! share the wealth ladies and guys it may not be the right forum, but if the mods do not like the idea they can move it. anyone in?

Mike

:beer:

minh_han
03/28/2003, 09:28 PM
Since I'm starting a new tank, I wouldn' have anything to trade, but I would be glad to pay for shipping if someone has mushrooms that they're willing to give away. Writing this, I realize that most people would be more willing to trade for something, and at that, more likely at a local meeting. So, I'm definitely not expecting any offers to send me mushrooms. :)

Still, it's a good idea.

Nishant3789
03/28/2003, 10:08 PM
nonsense minh, who here wouldnt be a reefer if it wasnt for HELP from fellow reefers? i would gladly help you out buddy but i as well dont ahve very many frags right now, much less shrooms. but im sure you will find many a good reefer will be more htan happy to send u sum shrooms if u pay shipping!

minh_han
03/28/2003, 10:53 PM
Well, I can only hope. You're right about the help though. I have gotten tons of help from people both on RC as well as local reefers. In fact, almost all the corals I have in my tank are generous gifts from reefers here. Ok, so it might happen. You all know where to find me. :)

Navymedic
03/29/2003, 06:43 AM
"The only stupid question is the one that was never asked"

I have a limited amount therefor the trade, :( . But if i come across a Rock full of shroom or ricordia, i'll pop off a few to send.

Mike

luminary
03/29/2003, 07:55 AM
Mike - Do you want the whole rock with those blues on it, or is only one or two polyps cool? I was thinking of breaking it up a bit to spread the joy :).

Minh_han - Depending on Mike's answer, I can send you a blue ricordia if you cover the shipping.

minh_han
03/29/2003, 08:18 AM
Sounds good. How much do you think shipping would be? Now I wish I could get a bulk package to save on shipping. Luminary, if you have other extra things than mushrooms, would you consider selling it to me and adding it to the package? I'd probably pay the same for one mushroom or a couple of different things. Seeing how my tank is basically bare, anything in it would be great. Because it's a relatively new tank, I think I'm looking for LPS, softies, mushrooms, zoanthids, and the like. I received an SPS frag from a friend, but over two weeks it started turning brown, so I gave it to a buddy for temporary housing until I got higher K lights (175 MH around 6500K) and the tank stabilized some.

Navymedic
03/29/2003, 08:52 AM
SPREAD THE JOY MATT!!

I can go with just 2-3 polyps, LOL

i was at work all day just dreaming of those BLUES, that is bad since i work in 24 hour shifts, haha.

OK everybody (((GROUP HUG)))

Navymedic
03/29/2003, 09:02 AM
Hey Doc Minh

I too deal drugs (Just in the pre-hospital setting, LOL)

from what you have in stock your doing pretty good for yourself
;) with a tank that big soon you'll be offering us some frags of your own :D . I have a 125 that i yet have to set up :mad: but as soon as i can get it hooked up i'll infuse some frags your way (besides what i would send in the near future) good luck...

Mike

minh_han
03/29/2003, 09:46 AM
I'm looking forward to the time when my little bitty frags I've received will grow into monsters that I can frag or reproduce like bunnies that I can dish out.

I'm very thankful for the generosity of the reefers who donated their extra frags to my fledgling tank, and I am planning to return the favor to them or others in the future. Kinda like the movie "Pay it Forward." Good movie if you haven't seen it by the way.

Navymedic
03/29/2003, 11:43 AM
I can go around your way i guess 7-8 PM tommorrow, if you like we can send minh her stuff together, (saves her in shipping) i can ship from the PO right on the airport so it should get to her pretty fast.

DOC MINH
will you be home thursday? if i ship on tuesday i think it should get there no later than that. I will ship on tuesday AM. priority mail is 3.85 i think tracking might be a good idea which may be extra charge. let me know.

Mike

Nishant3789
03/29/2003, 05:22 PM
oh yea since its shrooms we are dealing with, u can use regular shipping which shouldnt cost more than 10 bux. shrooms are so hardy they can survive in shipping ofr a week.

tanakiye
03/29/2003, 07:16 PM
hey its 7pm on saturday..I'm trying to call you your phone is busy and your PM box is full!!! get off the phone!! :)

Navymedic
03/29/2003, 07:21 PM
LOL.... call me now

luminary
03/29/2003, 09:22 PM
Mike - PM'd ya back...

Minh - I'll see what I can scrounge up :)...Tanks are pretty frag bare right now...just gave a bunch of stuff away...

Off the top of my head...

Xenia - weed...I can always frag this!
Anthelia - might be able to get a couple stalks.
Montipora digitata - Brown polyps with a purple base.
Turbinaria reniformis - Should be able to frag a small piece.
Hydnophora sp. - Should be able to frag a small piece.
Possibly some zoos. No outstanding colors though.

Maybe one or two other things...have to look in the tank in the morning.

luminary
03/29/2003, 09:23 PM
Doh! just realized you said no sps...guess that rules out the Turbinaria and Monti, and probably the Hydno too.

Navymedic
03/29/2003, 09:45 PM
I hope you like the Polyps give them about 1-2 days to fully extend, BTW i put one each of the Polyps in each tank, it should give the tanks a little more color thanks, i also got a hitch hiker from you guys, looks like a limpit or funky looking snail. I will let you know if i get more stuff soon. If i come across anything else i will let you know..

Mike

minh_han
03/29/2003, 10:22 PM
Honestly, it all sounds good. I THINK my tank can handle the montipora and turbinaria. About three weeks ago, I got a acropora frag that I just stuck into a hole in the rock instead of gluing down b/c I was going to rework my rock. Well, I never glued it, so it turned brown. Won't do that again. If the frags do not seem like they are doing well, I can send them to a guy 10 min down the road for safe keeping. So, if you think you can send them, I definitely wouldn't mind and can find them a home. If you prefer to keep the frags for other people, that would be just fine too.

I do wish I could give something back in return. Well, like I said, I will in the future.

As far as shipping, for me, Wednesday pick up would be best. I can plan to be at home until about 1 pm, and my housemate can pop in ever few hours to see if the package has arrived. That would mean sending it on Monday though I guess. Just let me know. And tell me how much the shipping will be, and I'll paypal it or send a check or something. By the way, I'm a guy. :)

tanakiye
03/30/2003, 12:15 AM
yeah, I know the hitchhiker you are talking about. as far as I can tell they are just like limpets. real good algae cleaners. I've got them all over the place. you'll probrably get lots of 'pods, too. they are always chilling out on my shrooms and since i have no fish in the reef, they are abundant in my tank. the green shrooms are already starting to puff up and they look great. keep in touch!

luminary
03/30/2003, 11:05 AM
I'll put a little gift baggie together for ya Minh :beer:

Now on a selfish note, does anyone have any yellow ricordias they're willing to part with?

Navymedic
03/30/2003, 11:44 AM
That little guy is fast !! as soon as placed the shroom in the tank away he went, under my rock!! the red shrooms gave my tank more color, all i had was green/blue stuff and xenia so it looks really cool, thanks. will keep in touch...

Mike

Matt we still in for tonight?

luminary
03/30/2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Navymedic
Matt we still in for tonight?

Yup...tried to PM your last night, but yer box was full...I'll send ya an email with directions.

Navymedic
03/30/2003, 11:56 AM
i deleted everything in my PM box, but stuff still gets kicked back, hummmm. ok if any changes (ie- the wife) i will call you.

Mike

minh_han
03/31/2003, 07:16 PM
Mike, I heard that you got a few frags from luminary. I tried to PM you but your box is full. Looks like you're one popular dude! I emailed you the address, but if you didn't get it, let me know.

Navymedic
03/31/2003, 07:27 PM
Hey doc, i was at luminary's home yesterday and yes got 3 frags for you, i am at work today (on 24 hour shift). i can send tommorrow if you like next day air, i didn't get a chance to check all my e-mail yet so maybe you can email me your address and shiping directions at navymedic23@aol.com so we can figure this out.

Mike

Palmetto
04/05/2003, 12:04 AM
I would be interested in trading some eye-popping R. Florida for some true Red Yuma.

:)

Navymedic
04/07/2003, 07:56 AM
Hey Doc

I have an Express mail box, and will be able to ship tommorrow AM will you be home on Wednesday for pick up?

Mike

minh_han
04/07/2003, 11:14 AM
Miguel, yo no puedo ensenarte una carta privada porque su "caja electronica" estaba llena. Si, estara a casa miercoles, por lo menos hasta a las once, pero mi amigo estara aqua despues. Tengo que traerla dentro muy rapido porque hace muy frio aqui ahora (~28 F!). Si tenga preguntas, llamame. Tambien, teine "zoos" con mucho colores? No tengo nada excepto zoos de cafe. No necesito mas que uno o dos, porque ellos van a multiplicar rapidamente. Y mucas gracias por haciendo este.

Navymedic
04/07/2003, 02:33 PM
Hi Doc

Ok I think i figured out most of the post,:lol:
sorry no zoos, only one i have is brown, (guy in the LFS, threw some in a bag with my last purchase) I will send tommorrow and let you know the shipping damages, :lmao: ..

Hey Matt

How are those polyps doing? the stuff i got from you is doing really well thanks !!!

Mike

:beer::dance::celeb1:

RicksReefs
04/07/2003, 05:07 PM
mike, just a quick note.
you have to delete your deleted PM's to open up
your PM box.i think it only allows 150 messages
total (new & deleted).
HTH

Navymedic
04/07/2003, 05:45 PM
I couldn't figure out why i wasn't getting my PMs, i cleared all my sent PMs as well as the PM tracking !!! Thanks again..

Mike

RicksReefs
04/07/2003, 07:23 PM
:thumbsup:

cal3v
04/07/2003, 11:55 PM
I have some blue/purple tonga mushrooms to trade, very nice color, pics are in the trading forum. I looking for blue, purple, pink, and red ricordia, as well as possibly any cool mushrooms and tonga mushrooms.

Navymedic
04/08/2003, 01:30 PM
OK BAD NEWS

I WAS ACTIVATED TODAY AND WILL SHIP OUT MAY 1ST.

DOC WAS UNABLE TO SHIP YOUR STUFF TODAY BUT WILL DO IT NEXT TUESDAY MORNING. I GOT COUGHT UP WITH PAPER WORK AND A BUNCH OF LEGAL STUFF. I HAVE BEEN BUSY ALL DAY ( AND ALL NIGHT TOO I'LL GUESS) GETTING MY PERSONAL MATTERS IN ORDER. KEEP ME AND MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN ARMS IN YOUR PRAYERS, GOD BLESS.

SEMPER FI

MIKE

:strooper:

minh_han
04/08/2003, 01:59 PM
Mike, if you need someone to look after your tank while you're gone, you could send all your frags to me. :p

Seriously, we'll all be praying for you and everyone else.

Navymedic
04/08/2003, 04:23 PM
Thanks, my wife will not let me send the tanks out too...

I haven't forgotten, i will send your stuff out

Mike

luminary
04/08/2003, 07:59 PM
Shrooms are doing great Mike!

I WAS ACTIVATED TODAY AND WILL SHIP OUT MAY 1ST.

Be safe out there man...

stereomandan
04/08/2003, 10:41 PM
Go get em Mike. Do your best. That's all we can ask for. We're all proud to have men like you protecting us.

Dan

smallreefdave
04/13/2003, 07:43 PM
Sorry to break into this thread, but I have a few questions related to mushrooms and shipping them.

1. Is it safe to use second day or priority mail? They will be coming from west coast to cleveland.

2. Is it a bad idea to send freshly cut mushrooms. They are coming from another member, but are still attached to stuff, and we aren't sure if it is safe to cut them, then send out right away.

Any information would be Greatly appreciated. thanks.

Dave

RicksReefs
04/13/2003, 08:23 PM
shrooms are one of the better critters to
ship priority,as long as the temps are warm enough.
not sure about the cut n' ship though,i'd tend
to think the added stress might be to much,
but i have no first hand knowledge of doing this.

smallreefdave
04/13/2003, 08:26 PM
ricksreef,

Thanks for the info, i will see if they can be left to heal for a while prior to shipping. I appreciate the help.

dave

Palmetto
04/14/2003, 07:33 AM
Yes, they do ship fine priority mail in a thermos when healthy, but should be allowed time to recover and heal from any slicing. :)

smallreefdave
04/14/2003, 02:52 PM
Darren,

Thanks for the info. We are going to wait a few weeks after cutting. The thermos is a good idea. Since they are coming to a colder climate, should a heat pack be put in the box?

Dave

Palmetto
04/14/2003, 02:56 PM
If you use a thermos, there is no reason for a heat pack. The thermos would keep the heat from reaching the mushroom anyway. :)