PDA

View Full Version : Carlos, have you taken it further?

golfsuper
02/28/2001, 07:35 PM
Hi Carlos,

I have a pair of Ocellaris clowns that have begun spawning in my 75g. I have followed the progress in your system to the point of your clowns spawning. Curious if you intend to rear any of the eggs, and if so, what is your plan? I am a former FW angel and discus breeder, and would welcome this new challenge if it's feasible. Just finished J. Wilkerson's book and I'm starting it again. Any helpful hints? Thanks

golfsuper

Carlos
03/01/2001, 12:21 AM
Golfsupper,

Unfortunately I have not. I just do not have the time nor the space to set up a breeder tank. I really wish I did as I could probably make some money that way by providing clowns to my LFS. The clowns still spawn every two weeks and the eggs hatch most of the times.

It is actually really cool to watch it. Unfortunately, the little guys intead of going and hiding in the rocks, they go up to the water surface looking for food and that is where the other fish snatch them. Kind of sad to see how nature works but there is very little I can do. I am just very happy right now that my clowns spawn in the tank. That is a sign for me to know that they are happy and water quality is good.

Keep on reefing!!!

Carlos