PDA

View Full Version : Huge sale in Illinois!!!

michealprater
03/26/2003, 11:51 AM
Slice of Nature Pets- 422 West Gallatin in historic downtown Vandalia IL.
Sunday, April 6th, 1 PM to 5 PM.
Everything in the store is 10% off!! Huge aquarium truckload sale!!!
This sale includes all fresh and saltwater fish, reptiles, aquariums, supplies, aquarium plants, corals, live rock, pond plants and fish, and feeder mice and fish!!!!
Absolutly everything in the store is on sale!!!
For more information or driving directions call Dean @ 618-283-4090
Tell him you heard about it on this website!! :D

hcs3
03/26/2003, 12:28 PM
micheal

FWIW, sailfin pet shops in champaign runs sales every year at the end of september. at this "open house" aquariums, canopies, and stands are sold at cost. everything in the store (and out of it cause they flood the parking lot) is 20 - 50% off. if you can wait to buy an aquarium, this would be a good time.

likewise, sailfin runs sales every weekend. you would need to get on their mailing list for the exact sales, but every weekend has something 25% off. one weekend SW fish or inverts, the next dry goods, etc.

just FYI,

henry

michealprater
03/26/2003, 01:34 PM
Slice of Natures prices are already the lowest around, so when they have a sell it is a major bonus. Thanks for the tip though, I will have to visit that shop sometime. A freind of mine checked it out and said it was ok. I just wanted to pass on this sell incase anyone is traveling south and wants to check out a new store. thanks, mike.

hcs3
03/28/2003, 01:43 AM
how far south is this store from champaign? you should go onto the cima website and fill out a LFS "store comments form." if your LFS isn't listed from the ones already displayed, please share the phone number, address, and website.

that's cool they have good prices for a LFS. i think we get somewhat lucky on prices in central illinois as compared to chicago or st louis. the bigger cities have the best livestock and largest selection, but the price is a premium. we sacrifice some of the selection, like rare wrasses and angels, but our prices are hard to beat.

i generally like to use pets limited from urbana as the owner james will beat any advertised price from the internet. i'm not aware of any other LFS's that will do that.

henry

michealprater
03/28/2003, 02:15 PM
I would check www.mapquest.com to find out how far exactly it is . You can put in your address to start and W. Gallatin , Vandalia IL to finish.

RogerL
03/30/2003, 01:26 PM
i go to school in urbana-champaign; where is pets limited? i only go to sailfin...

hcs3
03/30/2003, 01:46 PM
hey roger

pets ltd is not much to look at as he doesn't have the money to keep large amounts of inventory on hand, and what money he does have he spends to fix up a badly run down building (he is a new owner). IOW, don't bother driving out there to buy something today (or tomorrow...). he is, however, more than willing to special order so make the visit when you ae prepared to order soemthign and wait a week or so to get it.

fwiw, sailfin had all fish food on sale for 25% off today, and next weekend SW invertebrates are 25% off.

HTH

henry

RogerL
03/30/2003, 02:29 PM
cool. sailfin doesnt really have many inverts though...i really wanted a fighting conch, but they never have them at sailfin.

hcs3
03/30/2003, 04:21 PM
inland aquatics my boy :)

RogerL
03/30/2003, 04:26 PM
:) thats what i hear. just gotta find time to get there...

SLOANMAN
03/30/2003, 05:37 PM
salfin has some nice looking fish & coral,but way way over priced. They want 58.00 for a niger trigger. i bought for 13.00 in decatur. 35miles south.and leather coral the size of a football for 30.00. There are 3 petstores in Decatur all have great prices.

RogerL
03/30/2003, 05:46 PM
they are really expensive, but i like the people alot. they want 90 bucks for a volitans lion!!! i have seen them back home in chicago for 27 bucks... how far is decatur from champaign-urbana? i would love to check out a few new stores.

SLOANMAN
03/30/2003, 05:55 PM
35-40miles south-west Not far . stores not very pretty, but good $ and nice people.

RogerL
03/30/2003, 06:01 PM
cool. i will make the trip soon. :-)

hubris007
04/02/2003, 11:01 PM
is pets ltd currentlly out of business? Every time i drive by it's closed. Just curious.

hcs3
04/02/2003, 11:05 PM
hmmm.

possibly. just tried calling a day or so ago and the phone was disconnected. unfortunately, not unusual. i haven't made it to that side of town in a long time, so i'm not really sure.

michealprater
04/08/2003, 11:30 PM
Sale at slice of nature went great. I picked up a huge potters angel , a small flame angel and a small blue tang. that place was packed, it almost made me closterphobic. The owner said he had a member of Reef Central visit. I was glad to hear that. He said they were from alton.