PDA

View Full Version : What about us southern guys

michealprater
03/25/2003, 11:18 PM
I live in Keyesport IL. About 45 minutes south of Effingham. I was wondering if there were any southern members in your group or a southern division or something.

hcs3
03/26/2003, 12:02 AM
hi micheal

not that i'm aware of. so far we just all travel far from our homes to meet :)

the furthest south member that i'm aware of comes from mattoon, and another from charleston. i have had members from further south contact me, but none seemed interested enough to travel to the meetings.

of course you are always welcome to join us. after making a few meetings you can host one of your own, and make us travel.

HTH

henry

honeybee
04/03/2003, 08:36 PM
Micheal,

Kandlelight lives near Olney. His webpage is www.kandlelight.net. I am near Hutton (eight miles south of Charleston). Brian is in Mattoon.

Frank

billzie
04/04/2003, 06:54 AM
Start SIMA (Southern Illinois Marine Aquarists) :D Just kidding, or not! I've noticed a lot of smaller clubs spring up all overt the country, some only have a dozen or so members. More than enough to have regular meetings to crap about reefs and knock a few back around a bbq. One recent meeting of a club in Ohio had 5 folks show, and by all accounts, they had a great time. Bill.