PDA

View Full Version : Lfs

murphs5150
03/25/2003, 10:37 PM
Hi everyone. Just got back in the hobby after 6 years away. Wow alot has changed. Glad to have found this place, lots of info.

Wanted to know what everyones favorite LFS was? Been to a few that I used to go to awhile back and the quality just isnt there anymore or the prices are just too high. I'm really begining to think that I'm better off just ordering online from now on. Have had some good luck so far ordering online thanks to reading the endless posts on the vendor feedback. Sorry to ramble, but I really would love to hear where everyone goes to get there stuff. Nothing like a nice road trip to break up the week. Thanks

makoshark
03/26/2003, 12:58 PM
Hi Murph!

I would suggest starting with the CMAS Supporters Page (http://www.cmas.net/supporters.htm) and find the closest shop to you. I still have many off the list to visit yet but thus far I like Advanced Aquatics in Schaumburg the most. I haven't been there yet but I've heard good things about Capture the Sea in Tinley Park. If it's a road trip you're after I've also heard great things about Reef Dweller on the North Side.

Years ago Chicago Ridge used to have a shop called Neptunes Garden. Bev the owner was pretty slick. I don't know what became of it, other than the real estate office that currently occupies the space.

If you are looking for nice Fish I can recommend Palos Pet Shop. I used to work for Bill the owner back in '86. Back then he gave Greenwater Aquarists Society a 10% discount, perhaps if you ask he'll do the same for CMAS. If so, please let us know and we'll add him to the list.

If you're intersted in ordering online Sea Quest and Harbor Aquatics offer us a discount too.

Enjoy!