PDA

View Full Version : Survey for Next Meeting - Discussion Topic

joe123987
03/25/2003, 03:51 PM
If you like having a "presentation" at each meeting I don't mind doing research on topics and sharing that research with everyone at the meetings. This actually helps me learn as well and I think it will keep people interested in attending the meetings. What I would like to have is suggestions on the subject.

Some suggestions might include:
DSB
Calcium/Alkalinity/PH interface
Care/Feeding/Compatibility of certain corals
Care/Feeding/Compatibility of certain fish
" " " " " clams
Any DIY Projects - Auto top off, Calcium Reactors, Kalk Reactors, etc.

Or any other subject you might be interested in - everyone please provide an input so that I can pick one that most people are interested in.

Joe

minh_han
03/25/2003, 04:50 PM
Being a newbie, I wouldn't mind a discussion on care and compatability of corals and/or fish. I don't have any fish yet, and I need to figure out which ones would be best for a peaceful community system with hard and soft corals.

I think it would be nice to have a different person speak at each meeting, or someone with a particular expertise in an area. That way, no one has the burden of coming up with the information for every meeting. For example, if JP had the time and was planning to come, I would love to hear his input on the above topic since he does have an online business and seems to know quite a bit. Afterwards, we can open the floor up for discussion, as everyone knows there will be differences of opinion and personal experience.

It seemed at the last meeting, there were quite a number of relatively new people in the hobby, and we especially would benefit from this information at the beginning instead of finding out after we put 10 tangs in a 55 G tank, or try to house our trigger with our favorite corals.

joe123987
03/25/2003, 05:04 PM
Minh - I was hoping that someone would suggest taking turns - we don't have to be experts on the subject just do a little research and share what we find. I just think the meetings would be more interesting if we included a new subject every time.

Any volunteers for the next meeting?

Dazed1
03/25/2003, 05:50 PM
Joe and Minh both your suggestion's are awesome and I couldn't agree any better !
Considering that I am still a newbie I won't be able to say anything as such. A topic from JP would be really good !! Specially on clam's since he has a wonderful collection.
Also if there is some of fragging coral's would be nice since we do that before every meeting. It would give me confidence in fragging my stuff :o . And if "practice" coral's are needed, i can always bring my ricordia, candy cane, and leather. :)

minh_han
03/25/2003, 08:52 PM
I believe there was a talk on fragging corals at the meeting before last, but I'm not sure who all was there. I'm sure there are many who would be interested in learning for the first time or getting a refresher course.