PDA

View Full Version : DT for mushrooms?

bugSy
03/22/2003, 05:50 PM
anybody dose DT for tanks with mainly mushrooms and rics? Palmetto do you add dt to your tanks? I just ordered a bottle and hoping to get good results.

gregt
03/25/2003, 02:20 PM
I'm not sure mushrooms would benefit by dosing phyto.

clowncrazy
03/25/2003, 02:44 PM
I dose with DT. I have a 55 gallon tank and dose a tablespoon every other day. I have some blue and red mushrooms, and both seem to have benefited from the DT's. This is just my experience. All my corals seem to benefit from DT's. I would definitly recommend it!:)

Good Luck

seahorsie
03/31/2003, 02:34 PM
I have alot of mushrooms amongst other corals and I DT all my tanks. But recently discovered that some of my mushrooms like to be feed mysis/brine shrimp.
I also find that removing mushrooms from the mother colony makes that individual mushroom grow huge.
For example green stripes on the rock average 1-2 inches, alone 5" spread

minh_han
03/31/2003, 06:34 PM
I don't have DT'S so can't dose it. I have been spot feeding my mushrooms, actually all my corals, with fish food for betas. They are micropellets already, but when they sit in my syringe for a while, they become teeny bits that induce the mushroom to curl around it and looks everything like a pouch with the draw strings cinched down.

And I concur on the separation of mushrooms. I had two mushrooms on a rock, and I fragged one. Well, lost the frag likely to a worm or shrimp eating it, but the remaining one really opened up and is completely covering the area where the other mushroom was. NOw, I just hope the stalk I cut regrows a mushroom and it moves a bit away by itself.

Bryan Thompson
04/02/2003, 08:02 PM
They will eat some but not enough to warrant putting it into your tank. Lighting is the best thing then you can spot feed brine or mysis shrimp.

Bryan

tyler
04/03/2003, 12:40 PM
how exactly do you spot feed? syringe to the mouth?