PDA

View Full Version : additives such as B-Ionic

reef-man_d-man
03/21/2003, 11:15 AM
Hello all Illinois reefers, I am starting this tread as an attemt to get my corals to grow. My tank is doing great, no ammonia, no nitrate and nitrite, great lites, (MH and NO) however my corals aren't growing like they should also my coraline algae is not really growing to well, so the question is what additives are y'all using (i'm still kinda new to the additive game)??? I am currently using only reef complete, however I am open to suggestions. Have any of you guys tried B-Ionic, BlackPoweder or any other additives. Let me know what you guys think and I will try anything or everything until I find something that works. I would have asked my LFS but as I'm sure you guys know every LFS is different in there additives and beliefs. Additionally I am currenlt looking for Blastomussa Merletti if anyone knows where I can get my hands on some.

Thanks for your opinions.

Dallas Alley

hcs3
03/21/2003, 11:54 AM
hi dallas

just as a heads-up, st louis has a reef club. i think you can find their forum here at RC as well.

i use kalkwasser on a nightly basis, and when in stock and available to me i also use b-ionic. i have used most other methods of calc/alk replacement, and after 9 years these are the 2 methods i stick with.

FWIW, my coraline grew 10x faster under VHO than it does under my MH. not sure what difference that makes, but i know others have reported the same.

HTH

henry

imbuggin
03/21/2003, 12:00 PM
I use b-ionic by mean of a 2 line dosing pump. From Reefdosingpumps.com it trippled the rate of growth of corals and coraline. It is simplier that a calcium reactor. You can also add strontium and iodie to th two part solutions. 1 oz per 1/2 gallon of chemical. PM me if you want to know more I am in chicago as well