PDA

View Full Version : purchased the new remora pro with the extraction box.

JOYAWAITSYOU
03/21/2003, 01:01 AM
HAVING A HARD TIME TRYING TO SET UP MY NEW REMORA PRO HANG ON SKIMMER. INSTRUCTIONS ARE NOT SO CLEAR FOR ME AND THIS IS MY FIRST SKIMMER TO TRY AND PUT TOGETHER. I LIVE IN MOBILE ALABAMA. CAN ANY ONE IN MOBILE COME TO MY HOUSE AND HELP ME? WOULD BE GLAD TO PAY YOU. THEY SAY IT INSTALLS IN 5 MINUTES. THATS A JOKE. MY HOME PHONE IS (251)634-1230 MY NAME IS JOY . I AM HOME DURING THE DAY AND CALL AT ANY TIME. THANK YOU. ANY HELP WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED :)

reeferaddict
03/23/2003, 11:08 AM
Well, since you gots no replies yet I'll try to help. I don't really know if I can help much, but I have the remora and it was a pretty straight forward setup to me. I bet the "extraction" box is causing most of the problems, am I right?

for the skimmer you just adjust the little screws on the bottom to make it rest straight, not tilted at all. I read the overflow boxes are finicky to adjust and you have to be careful not to let your PH run dry. Maybe post this in the general forum and someone can walk you through it.
oh yeah, when you use all caps it reads like your screaming;)
nobody like to be screamed at:D

rscotth
03/23/2003, 02:02 PM
If you are coming to the next reef club meeting (april 5th) Kevin May be able to help you. I think he was running one on a 18 gallon until about 2 months ago. What is the main problem that you are having. Is there sufficient air bubbles in the chamber? Are you getting any waste? It sounds like a CPR Bakpak and they are really easy. All you have to do is make sure that you adjust the air valve so that you get the most bubbles and adjust the collection cup so that you get good skimmate.

Scott