PDA

View Full Version : Minor progress

Evergreen
03/20/2003, 11:01 PM
We have installed the RO DI unit!
It is over the washing machine on the main floor of the house. The "hose" output actually reaches the tank, goes all the way thru the kitchen!

The waste water is going into the washing machine. We misplaced the TDS meter, of course. We ran the water and it looked pretty clear but I'm not going to fill the tank till i can test it. The instructions were misplaced too and had to be emailed to me from airwaterice. Seems good!
The water flow sems greater when the hose-faucet-nozzle thing is below the level of the unit. When higher than the unit, the water output seems much diminished. Is this just an illusion or does the thing actually lose "head" pressure?

Stix
03/21/2003, 10:01 AM
Yo should let it run into the sink, or in your case the washing machine, for about 24 hours. The first 24 hours comes out dirty. Do this every time you change a cartridge too.

Corpus Callosum
03/21/2003, 10:06 AM
Yeah when I first installed my 4 stage RO/DI unit the first gallon or so came out blackened from the new cartridges.

Keep us updated

Nick let me know when you want to order more cartridges, I think mine are just about used up.

Evergreen
03/21/2003, 09:04 PM
thanks guys. i will get a lot of laundry done tonight!