PDA

View Full Version : Discounts available to LIRA Members.

Corpus Callosum
03/17/2003, 04:50 PM
Hey guys,

Until the website is up, I figured it would be best to list all the available discounts/oppourtunities for LIRA members. I will post on this thread as the offers become available to us. If possible, please do not post to this thread, unless you have any available information or discounts which you would like everyone else to be aware of.

- Mike

Corpus Callosum
03/17/2003, 04:53 PM
First off, Les of Fishy Inc. (located in Bayshore) is able to custom order drygoods and livestock. He made cyclop-eeze and phosban available to us, and would probably be able to make more available per our request. If anyone is interested in a specific fish, coral, invertibrate, or drygoods, let Les know and he may be able to get it for you.

Corpus Callosum
03/17/2003, 04:56 PM
Joe of Island Aquatics, has been setting up his operation for the past few months. He is running a mail order company and since he is located in Staten Island, he would like to forward discounts to us for dry goods and equipment which he will be selling. His contact info can be found at the following website http://www.islandaquatics.com . Just let him know you are part of the Long Island Reefer's Association and get a price quote of what you want. No obligations are necessary as they wouldn't be buying from any other place. I have dealt with him and it was a pleasure.

Corpus Callosum
03/17/2003, 05:02 PM
Darren Walker of http://www.palmettoreefs.com has offered a flat 10% discount to all LIRA members, as well as larger discounts if people grouped orders together and ordered a couple items. Just let him know you're from the club.

Corpus Callosum
03/17/2003, 05:12 PM
Jim More attended our last meeting and had printed out a message which he wanted everyone to have. Thanks to his efforts another discount is available to us, although he did not have enough copies for everyone, he gave me one and I will type it all here:

" I recently had the pleasure of dealing with a website called eReefTank.com . They stock everything from additives to RO units to MH lighting. If you need it, chances are they will have it.

I had places an order with them and they were having a problem with the server. I e-mailed them to let them know there was a problem, well let me tell you I received apology after apology. The woman that owns the company called my cell phone to see if there was anything they could do for me and I received a discount for my troubles.

I have since been in touch with Donna the owner of the company. I told her about LIRA and she offered a discount code for our members. As it is without the discount their prices are on average 5% cheaper than other sites I have dealt with. The discount code is valid from 3-15-03 to 4-15-03. It will give our members an additional 5% off the already low prices. Donna also told me that depending on how many members use her site she would consider offering other specials to our group.

The site address is www.ereeftank.com
The owner is Donna. She is available for any questions regarding her products.
Her email address is ereeftank@ereeftank.com .
When placing an order, there is a spot for a discount or coupon code, enter the following:

EREE1185OM4M9R6

This will give you the discount. There is no dollar limit on its use but it does expire on 4-15-03 at which time I will contact Donna and see if there is any way to set up a permanent code for our members.

If anyone has any questions for me I can be reached at reefmaster@earthlink.net .

Thanks

Jim More "

Thanks for keeping the club in mind Jim !

-Mike

Corpus Callosum
03/24/2003, 08:05 PM
Aside from the regular specials Allen has, for group orders $300 or over, he is offering 20% discounts as well as no box charge. Just let him know you're from the club. Get on his mailing list if you want to be notified when he receives new arrivals.

www.coralcity.com