PDA

View Full Version : March 29th Meeting

minfinger
03/12/2003, 09:57 PM
Hello All,

I trust everyone's tank is doing well so far this month. It's time again for a meeting reminder.

Time: Saturday, March 29th @ 7PM

As usual I've got flyers up at Tideline. This month I was able to make it to Age of Aquariums also. Both stores employees are very interested in attending and were very happy with the 7PM time.

Columbia Marine Aquarium Club:
Also, I plan on making a trip to Columbia on the 22nd and dropping some flyers at the stores. I'll also be meeting with some members of C-MAC, Columbia Marine Aquarium Club. They're very interested in coming down in April to our Membership Drive! We'll talk more about it at the meeting :-)

This Months Topics and DIYs:
Coral Propagation:
At this months meting I'll be demonstrating Soft/Leather Coral propagation of some leathers in my tank. Always feel free to bring corals you wish to propagate, if you wish to buy, sell, or trade with any of the other members. I've got a few plastic bags, and will be giving out a few frags. Everyone is welcome to use my bags if they cut there corals at the meeting.

Additives:
At the last meeting Larry said how much he love the Mark Wiess: Coral Vital product. I've been using the recommend dosages and I'm seeing some results after 1 1/2 weeks. I've noticed brighter color on my Purple Coralline Algae and all my corals appear much healthier. Of course, I've gotten my Salinity to stay down now, and my Calcium has lowered also.

Membership Drive - April 19th @ 2PM:
The South Carolina Aquarium has invited us to participate in their educational campaign, Gardens of the Ocean: A Special Focus on Reefs. We will be using their board room, which holds 50+ people. Steve Vogel, the Curator at the aquarium, has volunteered his Saturday to give everyone a behind the scenes tour of what it takes to make the aquarium's systems run. I will have more information at the meeting.

Links and Other Info:
This months Agenda:
http://host36.ipowerweb.com/~myyamaha/CR/Meetings/2003/2003-3-29-A.htm
As always there's a link to a Map in the Agenda. It will be at my home this month.

www.charlestonreefers.org
If you haven't visited the web page lately, the image on the front page is of Debra Matthes' gorgeous reef. Take a look!
If you wish to have your tank pictures on the Members page, please email them too me.

Please remember to RSVP for the head count and I'll see you on the 29th!!

Thanks,
Mike Infinger
minfinger@cchat.com