PDA

View Full Version : Reef Systems is a joke!

wonderboy23
03/11/2003, 06:12 PM
Sorry to put this in the wrong forum. But I thought it would be best since this is a local store. I've have been treated very poorly by the management of ReefSystems for the last time. Ever since the "New" management has taken over, the service has gone down hill.

I was going to order a Euro reef skimmer from them. They also had 10% off of first time purchases. My wife calls and was told that they will not honor the price becuase it should not have been on there as of a few days ago. I checked at 8am and it was still there. So we call again to let Jim know and to talk to him again about it. Well sometime after 2pm the 10% is gone and he raised his prices. After getting the run around. I told him I found it cheaper somewere else. Then I was told to go shop somewere else.

To make a long story short, I'll be taking my money elsewere. Just thought I would let everyone know what kind of service I was given.

Nanook
03/12/2003, 03:51 AM
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. It looks like they don't want to "go the distance" to win customers. I emailed them several weeks ago for a price on a small aquarium, lighting system, and a few other items....I've never been replied to yet.

If they want to compete with other mail order dry good stores, they are going to have to step up to the plate and put their money where their mouth is. I usually shop for drygoods at Premium Aquatics, but for a small aquarium, figured I would give them a chance to see what they could do for me.

Nanook:rolleyes:

wonderboy23
03/12/2003, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the reply. I found another place that has it for less money and so far the customer service has been prettty good. I've never had any problems with Brad or Marty from there. In anycase there will always be someone else who will be happy to take my money.:D