PDA

View Full Version : How long before superglue gel hardens under water

stereomandan
03/10/2003, 07:43 PM
I want to glue a few very small things down in my tank. Can I just pull them out and put some superglue gel on them and hold them in place under the water in the tank, or will the glue cure(dry) before I have time to place the rock or frag where I want to. I have a small ricordia that is attached to a tiny piece of rock and I would like to secure it to a larger piece because it keeps getting knocked off by my lawnmower blenny.

Thanks,
Dan

ByTor
03/10/2003, 08:23 PM
it takes a few minutes.

They way I do it is, put a blob of glue on the dried frag. Then a blob underwater where you want to attach it. I always try to find just the right keyed in fit.

stereomandan
03/10/2003, 11:28 PM
Thanks ByTor. Looks like I'm shopping for superglue gel tomorrow.

Dan

kruxy
03/15/2003, 09:28 PM
water is an accelerator for super glue, so the outside skin will dry pretty much instantly. a trick is to build up a huge blob of glue. then mist it with a spray bottle to dry the outside skin. then gently put the frag under water. get it lined up and smush it against what you are trying to glue it to. the skin on the bubble will rupture, spilling the glue, which will harden immediately... instant bond.

takes a bit of practice, but when you get it down you can glue anything to anything underwater.

MauiReefer
03/17/2003, 12:12 PM
so the superglue gel is safe, and wont harm fish, I wasnt too sure about that, and I am amazed you can use it underwater, I thought Id have to take out rocks...

danieljames
03/18/2003, 02:11 PM
does bytor have a snowdog?

griss
03/19/2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by danieljames
does bytor have a snowdog?
As a matter of fact I believe he does:D

Griss

ByTor
03/19/2003, 02:35 PM
LOL:lol: yeah there's a snowdog... She keeps me inline all the time!