PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Join The Chicago-Area Club?

REEF-n-Chicago
03/10/2003, 10:52 AM
Hi,
I am new to this board and have been looking for a Chicago based club. Can someone tell me how to get info on where meetings take place, how often, and how to join? Any other info is appreciated. Thanks:confused:

makoshark
03/10/2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by REEF-n-Chicago
Hi,
I am new to this board and have been looking for a Chicago based club. Can someone tell me how to get info on where meetings take place, how often, and how to join? Any other info is appreciated. Thanks:confused:

Hello,

The Chicagoland Marine Aquarium Socitey's Web Site is www.cmas.net (http://www.cmas.net)

Hopefully we'll see you at one of our meetings.

BTW Saturday we're taking a trip out to Harbor Aquatics (http://www.harboraquatics.com)

alpine
03/10/2003, 07:02 PM
reefer-in-chicago

Let me tell you that cmas is a really awsome club to be in.Me and my wife joined a few of months ago and do not regret the decision.I hate to say that you missed the swap meet that is held every year.That was a very exhilirateing experience.

The other members are very helpful as well.They is always somebody willing to help out a fellow member.I recently drove out to doug's house(the president of cmas)to have him check out a ph meter of mine and he was extremely helpful and polite.He also has a gorgeous fishroom setup in his basement.

There is a couple of other local(chicago)members that im friends with and we help eachother out as much as possible.So if you ever need some help with something,whether you join cmas or not , just give me an email and I will do my best to help you out.We also do some frag trading ,so if you wanna trade some frags or something let me know.

Hope to see you at a meeting soon.

Jorge

jbash
03/11/2003, 10:57 AM
Hi. I think all info is on the web site Jeff pointed you to -- http://www.cmas.net
Meetings are normally 1-4pm at the Schaumburg Public Library (directions on the site) on the 3rd Saturday of the month, September through May.

You can join at a meeting or mail in the application on the web site (there is a "membership" item on left side menu that should take you to all this). You are also welcome to attend a meeting or two without joining, including our field trip Saturday to Harbor Aquatics (there are some exceptions to this policy, the Shedd trips have been members only). Note that only members are eligible for the raffle at Harbor (2 Moon Lights being donated by Joy at Harbor and the inventor will be there--I know little about them but they are advertised in March FAMA and I've been meaning to check it out).

I'm chair of the membership committee and I'd be happy to help if you have any more questions. My email is jbash@uic.edu

jim bash

REEF-n-Chicago
03/13/2003, 05:10 PM
Hello Again,

Sorry it took so long to post. Thanks for all your info. I will be out of town this weekend but would like to join and become involved as much as possible. So, I will get in touch with the right peole when I return. Thanks again!:D