PDA

View Full Version : frag sinularia?

bmcq
03/07/2003, 12:21 PM
What is the best way to frag a sinularia and also the best way to attach new frag?

prevyet
03/07/2003, 01:22 PM
I cut off a branch with a pair of sharp scissors. There are alot of ways to attach them like super glue, fishing line or rubber bands. I go the easy methode. I just place mine in a low current area with alot of rubble rocks. They will settle and attach to a piece of rubble in a few days or so. GARF.org as some good pics and videos on proping these guys.

HTH

Addicted Reefer
03/11/2003, 10:54 AM
I have used razor blades mostly, anything sharp will do and i used rubberbands last time but you can use the plastic screen used for bugs to make a net to hold it to the rock or prevyets idea has works for me too. Super glue, sew it to a rock, wedge it between two peices it all works the same. Its amazing at how they grow after you cut them its like a kick in the butt.:)

Zepplin
03/16/2003, 08:47 AM
You guys really have postive results with super glue and sinularia? Super glue works okay for some leathers, but my sinularia always mucuses away from super glue-within minutes at that.

I've also found that rubberbands don't work well with sinularia, the tissue of the sinularia will just pinch off into many pieces under the pressure of a rubberband, although a neptheya seems to bear the pressure of the rubber band just fine. I think stitching (although it may have same effect as rubber band), netting, or the rubble rock method will work best for this particular leather.

-Meg

Addicted Reefer
03/17/2003, 04:36 PM
Its worked for me out of the water but yes i agree they will slim out and cause problems. i usually don't glue the very end and the slim does not seem to get to it then. But your right sewing is probably the best option. I only have 2 kinds of sinularia and when i use rubberbands its never that tight because the frags are in low flow areas. I tried to glue a peice of frog spawn that seperated from the mother it slimmed out a couple times and i eventually lost it when it landed on a ricordia. :mad2: