PDA

View Full Version : HI rock for meeting

billzie
02/12/2003, 08:32 AM
Howdy Jeff, I noticed you got some of the HI rocks. Any possibility you can bring a piece to the meeting this weekend to give us a clue as to what this stuff actually looks like? Thanks, Bill.

makoshark
02/12/2003, 09:49 AM
Will do.

Jeff

makoshark
02/14/2003, 02:18 PM
Bill,

I sat in front of my tank thinking about how much I didn' t want to tear down my rock sculpture so I'm only going to bring a small piece of the rock to give you an idea of it's makeup.

Here is a picture of what it looks like. It's the lighter rock under the live rock.

Carlos
03/04/2003, 01:15 PM
Intro/Welcome thread so i tagged it at the top. Let me know if that was not your intent.

BTW, I also live in the Chicago area and have been meaning to attend one of your meetings. Just have not had the time. I should make a point to make it one of this days. hehehe

Carlos

makoshark
03/04/2003, 02:18 PM
Thanks Carlos! I don't know if we can strip the rest of the comments in the post or if a new post should be created.

I've often wondered if you were a member or not. We'd be gald to have you attend.

Don't miss the Shedd Aquarium trip! Last September we got a behind the scenes tour from one of the Sr. Aquarists. Have you ever seen a protien skimmer that skims 100,000 gallons? The tour was very cool.

Jeff

Carlos
03/04/2003, 08:23 PM
Jeff,

Thank you, I will definitely make it a point to go there. Behind the scenes tour is always an experience!

In regards to this thread, I can either delete the posts except for the first one or if you want, you can create a revised "Welcome" thread and immediately send me a private message. I can tag the thread at the top and even close it so it is just a welcome thread.

Eitherway, let me know.

Also, any problems, concerns, questions, or requests, feel free to contact me or any of the other members of the staff.

Carlos

makoshark
03/05/2003, 01:17 PM
Thanks Carlos

I don't think anyone will complain if we clear all but the first post in this thread.

BTW - I failed to mention that you have to be a member of the club to go on the Shedd Tour however it's well worth the $15.00 pplus you get 10% off at participating LFSes for a year; mostly livestock only. Some members join for that alone.

Carlos
03/05/2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by makoshark

BTW - I failed to mention that you have to be a member of the club to go on the Shedd Tour however it's well worth the $15.00 pplus you get 10% off at participating LFSes for a year; mostly livestock only. Some members join for that alone.

Yeah, I know. I know a few people there plus a few of their suppliers so the tour is very accessible to me.

Carlos