PDA

View Full Version : Black Ich?

Endoplasmic
02/19/2001, 10:59 AM
It appears that my yellow tang is begging to get black ich, and I'm wondering the BEST way to rid this.... I think it will be hard to do the fresh water dip thing but the BEST suggestion will always be welcomed :)

rrrrob
12/12/2001, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Endoplasmic
It appears that my yellow tang is begging to get black ich, and I'm wondering the BEST way to rid this.... I think it will be hard to do the fresh water dip thing but the BEST suggestion will always be welcomed :) Do nothing. Just make sure the water quality is good and that nothing is bullying the tang (another tang in there with him?). The black ich should go away on its own.

billsreef
12/13/2001, 05:11 PM
Black ich can sometimes overwhelm the fish. It is best to treat when it's just begining and the fish is still strong. If you take the wait and see aproach and things go for the worse you than will have to treat a weaker fish with a more advanced infection.

FW or formalin dips work well for treating this. I've also had some luck with hyposalinity on this. So a search on Black Ich and you'll come up with some more details.

JohnL
12/13/2001, 07:28 PM
Check out the Disease FAQ thread (http://archive.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=46871) at the top of this forum listing.