PDA

View Full Version : Next Meeting, Saturday, March 15th.

Corpus Callosum
03/04/2003, 12:00 AM
Next meeting will be at Les' dance studio as usual on Saturday, March 15th. It will be at 3:00 PM this time (instead of the usual 2:00pm).

If anyone has any ideas for what topics to talk about at the meeting please speak up. There's a lot of new people to get to know :) .

Also I started working on a website a while ago but got side tracked. Aside from meetings, events, members, etc.. what type of information might people want to see on the website?

http://free.hostdepartment.com/s/sci33/LIRA/testing.html

Thanks.

Corpus Callosum
03/04/2003, 12:13 AM
Once again I would like to thank those who brought snacks / drinks to the last meeting, and if it would make it easier on Les if we all chipped in once again.

SWW1268
03/04/2003, 12:17 AM
Maybe we should meet in Les' store at 2:00 first!:D

stealyourhouse
03/04/2003, 10:16 AM
Saturdays are bad for me. Maybe next meeting...

pmui
03/04/2003, 10:33 AM
I've never been to Les' store. I want to take a look and see what goodies he's got.

Peter M

montepora
03/04/2003, 11:05 AM
Guys:

If Joe Y can bring his his hardware, then I can bring the blue planet DVD from BBC. I also have a laptop but not sure if the connector is compatiable to his projector, anyway, just a thought.

Also, guys, I got an email from www.plamettoreefs.com telling me that he is now the authorized dealer for Sun Light Supply, he will be more than happy to help reefers upgrading their lighting. Also the Ricordia rock, ORA frags, fish and live rock. Please see his site for more of the product availablity. It would be wise to pool an order or some sort of the power buy to save $$ on shipping and better discount. OK? Do mention that you are from Long Island Reefers Association for discount.

Would love to think about other power buy stuff with other online vendor or Les. See you guys.

pmui
03/04/2003, 11:34 AM
how about a power buy for some clean up crews?

Peter

Corpus Callosum
03/04/2003, 01:04 PM
Andrew,

I think it would be cool to watch the blue planet DVD, but then everybody in the room would be quiet and watching it. I was sort of hoping we could get everyone talking instead.

pmui
03/04/2003, 01:05 PM
how about a "how to frag/propogate session"?

Peter

SWW1268
03/04/2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by pmui
how about a "how to frag/propogate session"?

Peter

That would be nice. I'm interested in mushrooms and zoos.

ralphie
03/04/2003, 05:04 PM
Sounds great for me... :)

I may have one of my daughters in tow again.... :D

Anyone interested in selling a red mushroom, but not lose though. :rollface:

ReeferDoc
03/04/2003, 10:57 PM
I'll be there!!

Thanks!
John

billsreef
03/05/2003, 12:35 AM
I put in for the day off, so I should make this one :D If they don't give it to me I might just call out pleading palyotoxin poisining ;)

Corpus Callosum
03/05/2003, 12:45 AM
how was your vacation Bill ?

pyro383
03/05/2003, 11:55 AM
I thought we will be doing a hands on coral frag at Fishy Inc. We need to decide on what coral and how many people are interested in it. We may have 2 or 3 different types to do. Sci, can you ask Les what corals he has that would be enough to go around and price so that we can figure it at a cost basis. Also we need to find out the spec of the projector so that we can bring that, soemone else can bring the laptop and I think I have a projection screen. If it works then I suggest we 2 members tanks a month, that way discussions can be held and every 1 can chime in on what's and why's of the setups.

Corpus Callosum
03/05/2003, 02:42 PM
I'll contact les to see what he has now or to see what he can get for us.

I say we choose a nice sized coral after discussing fragging in the studio, frag it up in the store, and whoever wants one of the frags can pay whatever the cost ends up being per frag (probably like under 5 bucks or something, depends on the coral and how many frags etc..)

Stix
03/05/2003, 02:48 PM
Pyro, I like the idea of having featured members' tanks each meeting. Like a tank of the month type of thing. Anyone who would want to set up a powerpoint presentation or just take pics and pass them. I'd be very interested in seeing everyone's set ups.

pyro383
03/05/2003, 03:23 PM
Stix, powerpoint is just the program I was thinking but forgot to type. I guess the question to be asked here and at the meeting is who doesn't know powerpoint and/or digital camera. Just pics on the projector screen running off a laptop could suffice and anyone who wants to get fancy can do powerpoint.

billsreef
03/05/2003, 10:31 PM
Hey Mike,

Vacation was good. Nothing like be on a Cruise ship in Jamaica and hearing about all the snow falling back home :D

fishome25
03/06/2003, 12:25 PM
I think tank of the month is a great idea, who wants to go first?

Ralphie sent you email.

Corpus Callosum
03/06/2003, 01:18 PM
how about on the website each member can have a tank page with their pictures and info or what not.. sort of like their own tank page..

Corpus Callosum
03/10/2003, 10:34 AM
OK so I'm guessing we've settled on fragging and such for the topic.

I'm doing a research project and here are some related stuff if you feel like reading..

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45951&highlight=evolution

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46857&highlight=evolution

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28234&highlight=evolution