PDA

View Full Version : Where to get good price on Euro-Reef Skimmer

kuoj
03/03/2003, 05:38 PM
Could anyone give me some recommendation as where to get a good price on Euro-Reef Skimmer, model CS8-1 or 8-2?
Are all of them made of Euro-Reef.com ?
And is the footprint in their spec include the size of the pump?

Thanks
Jason

moonpod
03/03/2003, 06:04 PM
Three options:
1) buy a southbay clone (Jeff's Exotic Fish) and save a bundle

2) scan ebay daily. Periodically Euroreef sells off their blemishes at very good prices on Ebay. Every 2 weeks or so. Nothing wrong with the units mechanically

3) sign up at thesea.org and look in their volume buys section. There's a deal there.

goofball310
03/07/2003, 04:06 PM
You can check out Reef Collection in Huntington Beach. They most likely don't have it in stock, but can get you a really good price. I know they have a 6-3 instock for $365 which normally goes for $418.

mx_tang
03/07/2003, 06:33 PM
Jeff at Euro-Reef had a CS6-3 for $300 and a CS8-2 for $350 the last time I called him, which was yesterday. They fall under the "blem category", but they were just old stock from a LFS that needed the new line of skimmers(no actual blemishes). So, if you want one of the older Euro-Reefs, then this might be something that you'd be interested in. If I remember Jeff saying this correctly, the bottom edges aren't rounded, and that was about it. It seems like a pretty big discount for basically the same design with some tweaked aesthetics for the revised Euro-Reefs. Oh, and I couldn't get these any cheaper, even with a business licence because he was selling them below wholesale to get rid of them.