PDA

View Full Version : before i start with zoos...

eight2178
03/01/2003, 11:52 PM
my tanks been up about 7 months now....ive always admired zoos, but never knew what they were...now that my tank is pretty stable, id like to add some zoos....before i get any, some questions....i think my water should be fine, i currently have some polyps, a few BTA's and 3 clams (maxima/crocea)...my main concern is compatiblity with what i have and zoos....want to make sure the anenomes wont sting the zoos, and vice versa....as far as spreading, do they spread on their own? well...i better stop rambling, dont want to bore you any longer...anyting else i should know before i start?

zeppelin
03/02/2003, 07:28 PM
Allot of zoos spread like weeds, almost to the point of being annoying. Just saw a 240 yesterday with some fantastic zoos. They were everywhere. On other corals, rocks, everywhere!!

Larry:cool:

RicksReefs
03/02/2003, 10:21 PM
search 'zoanthid links'.i posted a few that
should help you out. ;)

eight2178
03/03/2003, 12:47 AM
thanks...

1ReefToGo
03/03/2003, 12:51 AM
You should read this first. http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=158663

SeanT
03/03/2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by eight2178
now that my tank is pretty stable, id like to add some zoos....before i get any, some questions....i think my water should be fine, i currently have some polyps, a few BTA's and 3 clams
Lemme' get this straight.
You have a FEW BTA's and THREE clams???
And you think now you are ready to tackle the "tough job" of keeping Zooanthids?
LOLOLOLOL
Zoos, while beautiful and one of my favorites, are really weeds.
If you can support Clams and Anemones you can handle Zoos. :rolleyes:

eight2178
03/03/2003, 01:58 PM
i guess my question was more as to whether or not the zoos may sting or bother the bta's, or vice versa....thanks.

KorbinDallas
03/08/2003, 09:44 PM
I think its vice versa. I had a ricordia and a frogspawn both win over my zoanthids in a stinging match.

The clams don't sting though. Do they? They would have a problem if their mantle touched the zoos. Just don't let them grow up its shell.

holeinone1972
03/09/2003, 12:09 AM
Clams seem impervious to coral stings, and clams also posess no matter of harming other inverts.

Now a clam may get annoyed with something touching it's mantle.

I once saw a case where a clam died from being overrun by green star polyps.