PDA

View Full Version : hey guys

GuinnyOne
02/28/2003, 08:27 PM
I don't live in Sacramento, but I do live in Jackson. I just started my first saltwater tank and would eventually like to delve into the world of corals...but not there yet with the cash for the lighting.

Just wanted to say hello and ask if anyone knew of any aquarium builders in the Sacramento area (or around there). My next project (though probably a long time from now:rolleyes: ) is going to be a 300 gallon fish only tank for some of our larger saltwater favorites (moray eel, picasso trigger, volitan lionfish, panther grouper, anthron dog-face puffer, and maybe some sort of ray). I found a place that I believe is in SoCal that ships tanks this size, but it will cost about 2 grand. Not interested.

Well, hello :beer:

Kelly

ozmonster
03/03/2003, 05:55 PM
Hi kelly:

Welcome to Reef Central and the MARS forum.

I can't think of any tank builders I would recommend but I know there out there. I remember hearing Forrest (MARS member) talk about a friend of his that builds nice tanks. I think you can get his email from the MARS website. Let me know what you find out because I will be interested in an upgrade soon as well.

oz

CaptiveReefSystems
03/22/2003, 12:45 PM
GO, for that list of animals, you would need more then 300 gals. That is a tough bunch to keep alive. The eel grows to be quite long and a ray needs a ton of room.

For that size of tank, IMO, I could not recommend any of the local builders. When you start going to the 400 gal and above size tanks, there is a lot of engineering that goes into their design. Ask the guys at Tropical Paradise about the 900 gal tank exploded.

When you are ready, I would be happy to help you get a tank from a builder that knows how to build that size of tank.