PDA

View Full Version : Zoo Questions?

CA Katonk
02/28/2003, 03:44 PM
Never had a chance to experiment with zoos. Are they hard to keep and what are the water conditions that are condusive to zoos? After seeing what kinds of zoos people have I going to set up a 29g take with tons of zoos and a bta or frog spawn as the center. I'll also put my Clarkii in there.

Also, are zoos expensive?

sharkdude
02/28/2003, 08:53 PM
Never had a chance to experiment with zoos. Are they hard to keep

no, not hard at all.

and what
are the water conditions that are condusive to zoos?

if you can keep softies, lps and sps alive, then most zoos will thrive

After seeing what kinds of
zoos people have I going to set up a 29g take with tons of zoos and a bta or frog
spawn as the center.

a bta and a frogspawn will sting zoos nearby

I'll also put my Clarkii in there.

Also, are zoos expensive?

some of the rare color morphs can be quite expensive. do a search on ebay and you'll see some crazy prices.

musicsmaker
02/28/2003, 09:01 PM
~ Are they hard to keep and what are the water conditions that are condusive to zoos?

From my experiance they are super easy to keep. About as hard to keep as a shroom, but 10 times cooler.

~ Also, are zoos expensive?

Isn't everything in this hobby expensive? :D At 20-30+ bucks for a 2-3 inch square for the nice ones, you are looking at a nice chunk of change to fill a 29 gallon tank. It's best to get a few frags and place them in different spots in your tank. They will spread over time and fill it out. Get some frags, take a picture, and compare it to the tank a year later. :eek2: