PDA

View Full Version : Fragging large leather.

KD
02/27/2003, 06:00 PM
Hi all

I have a large leather mushroom coral which is a about 12" high with a cap(?) of about 9", the stem is about the thickness of my wrist.

The base of the coral is covered in hydroids so I was thinking about fragging it and destroying the base.

Has anybody fragged a leather of this size and what is the best way to do it if it is possible?

How many pieces should I cut the cap into?

Does the cut part need to be in contact with the rock I am attaching it to or is it just a case of tying the coral to a piece of rock and it will attach itself and the cut part will just heal up?

Do the frags really return to the proper shape for this coral even if I cut the cap up like a pizza as I have read?

Cheers

KD

ThingsReef
02/27/2003, 09:28 PM
Looks like mine. I cut wedges out of the size about 1-2 inches in and surround them with small rocks in a frag tank. They attach and grow into the original shape. If you're wanting to make larger ones then you can cut it up about any way you want. I make small frags for trades or one of my nano's.

Scyphozoan
03/01/2003, 09:56 PM
When I cut mine I try to make sure each piece has a piece of the stalk.Then I attach the stalk to the rock.Works good but i'm allways open to suggestions.I also put a bit of Iodine on the cut.
Good Luck