PDA

View Full Version : Zoo's not opening:

|ReEFnEwB1E|
02/27/2003, 01:32 AM
I just acquired a few zoo's from different reefers and well, 1 frag is opened up and the other two isn't. Could it be that they are facing towards the front glass instead of facing toward the light? They are healthy because I saw them before I purchase them.

holeinone1972
02/27/2003, 09:57 AM
Did you acclimate them? Or did you just drop them in?

Sometimes it will take a day or two for new zoo's to open up completely, especially if they were not acclimated properly.

A few parts per million difference in salinity, or ph can be a real problem sometimes.

Now if you did acclimate them slowly, it could still be a difference in water chemistry.

But if you saw these locally, and brought them home healthy, you should be ok, as long as your tank is stable.

Best of luck, Rob

bookfish
02/27/2003, 12:49 PM
IMHO if you have some zoos opening well, and they all got acclimated slowly -dripped, not dropped-then I wouldn't worry too much. Try a bit more flow on them perhaps and give them some plankton in the water etc... standard stuff.
Also some zoos just don't open as much as others, go figure-Jim A.

|ReEFnEwB1E|
02/27/2003, 07:53 PM
Yeah, I figured it was the difference in water. The owners water had about 10ppm of Nitrate and mines is around 5ppm also there PH was at 8.3 mines is 8.7. I will try those methods thanks guys~!

P.S.

I do, do the drip method for acclimation of any corals. :D