PDA

View Full Version : Free to good home...

Mushroom Boy
02/26/2003, 08:40 PM
I've got a long spine sea urchin that I'd like to find a new home for. I've had this guy for a little over a year. It's a coralline eating urchin. If anyone's interested, drop me a line. Local pickup only.

Man, my kids are never going to forgive me for this ;)

dnjan
02/26/2003, 10:05 PM
Hi Paul. Talk about timing - we just bought a long-spine at the PSAS meeting last Saturday. How big is yours? (this is one with long black spines, correct?)

If you don't get any other nibbles, we would be glad to take your urchin. We are pretty much over the dino-outbreak-from-hell, and a second urchin would help take care of some of the algae in the tank.

Mushroom Boy
02/26/2003, 10:40 PM
Yes, this is the long spined black urchin that I've got. I haven't had any other bites yet, so if you're interested, you're at the top of the list. :)

As far as size goes, hmmm, it's kind of tough to say (maybe 6" across from spine tip to spine tip?). I tried posting a picture here, but it wouldn't take it. I've got it posted here as well (with a pic): http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15604

Paul.

dnjan
02/26/2003, 11:28 PM
You going to be home this weekend? I'll e-mail you about arranging a time to pick it up.

Dave wants to know if that is the B. merletti in the corner of the picture.

Mushroom Boy
02/27/2003, 04:50 PM
I should be home most of the weekend, drop me a line at home merkling@jps.net and we can set something up. That's actually a B. wellsi in that picture. The B. merletti hasn't done too well in my system. It's still alive, but not thriving.

dnjan
02/27/2003, 06:42 PM
Perhaps your water is too "clean" (though the B welsi looks fine). Maybe if you moved it to a shadier location ...
I recently tried to frag mine again, and a piece dropped so that it is almost under some rockwork. It looks fine.