PDA

View Full Version : Who wants another Coral Frag workshop?

Python73
02/25/2003, 10:28 AM
I think we should have another frag workshop. Maybe if we don't want to waste a whole meeting, we could pick a day and do something. How about this:

- get a list of people who want in
- get a list of most wanted and cool-to-frag pieces
- put together an order maybe through Rob if he doesn't mind
- everybody springs for their own coral, then we sit around fragging and mounting the pieces
- everybody swaps frags

Great way to get a bunch of different stuff to try, experience cutting and pasting, as it were, and frags all around.

Possibly we should wait for cool spring weather so we can set up a table or two in a garage or porch.

What does anyone think?

S !

holeinone1972
02/25/2003, 10:37 AM
Sounds good to me. I do not mind ordering some pieces for that but, (isn't there always a but?) we would need to order them about a week before fragging to let them settle in and acclimate. We do not want to be fragging freshly shipped corals who are already stressed.

Rob

I would have room and the corals at my place.

Maybe we could save a room charge for the hotel, as long as we can see it is going to be a nice evening and just have the meeting at my place.

Advertise it as members only, and maybe that will help membership fenceriders decide to pay.

Rob

Totlxtc
02/25/2003, 03:17 PM
I like the idea and would be more than willing to buy a coral or two from you Rob for fragging purposes. You have to learn to do it sometime! ;)

Dargon
02/27/2003, 12:54 PM
Sadly my tank is not quite coral ready, lacking sufficient lighting.

I would, however, love to participate in order to learn more about coral husbandry and propagation. On a side note it would also be a good time to get to know some of the members better. I only joined the club last month.

;)

Dan

holeinone1972
02/27/2003, 02:38 PM
If we do this it will probably be two months away at least. We have a speaker for this month, I am not sure about next month.

I will point this thread to the board members.

Rob