PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Las Vegas

friedmani
02/24/2003, 03:35 PM
Hello LVMAS! I am going to Vegas for a couple of days and want to visit the your LFS. There are a number of stores listed, problem is time. I do not have much time, so I will only be able to visit a couple at most. Can anyone point me to the best lfs store with a good selection of corals, mainly sps?

Sand Reef
02/25/2003, 04:41 PM
Well, I don't know if you are going to find a good selection of SPS anywhere. Sad to say but true. :( Most of the stores house their corals under normal output flourescents or compact and almost all the corals look unhealthy IMO IME FWIW YMMV yadda yadda yadda.

V :(

dryfly42
03/01/2003, 11:28 AM
I will also be in Las Vegas the first part of April and was wondering the same thing.

Just the top ten or so. I have notices the store "Yellow Submarine" any thing good there or did it get completely wiped out?

Runic
03/02/2003, 02:47 PM
any of you out of towners wish to trade/swap sps or frags?

noni
03/10/2003, 11:35 PM
The new owners of Yellow Subamrine seem to have an interest in healthy specimens. Anyone checked out the new Yellow Submarine yet?
I think their opening day was March 10.
Also Green Valley has her coral tank well set up including a fuge.

blueface
03/14/2003, 02:55 AM
Runic
I'll be there this weekend
sent you an email along with a list.

LVMAS
03/14/2003, 08:59 PM
Hello!

No, Yellow Submarine wasn't wiped out. They are open and they are doing quite well. I hear they are actually having trouble keeping stock in the store. They are trying to double the shipments.

LVMAS
03/14/2003, 09:24 PM
Hi all,

For those of you coming to Vegas, Visit the Current list of fish stores and aquarium locations to see while your here! (http://www.lvmas.org/lvaquariasociety/stores.html) It may help you plan your visit.