PDA

View Full Version : What would you do ????

philsmein
02/24/2003, 02:37 PM
Hi,

I have a new Eclipse system 6 tank up and running now. I put everything in and was curious about a few things. I am finally ready to put in live rock. I had a 75 gal. tank that went to hell about a yr ago and was wondering if I could use some off the now dried up live rock in my new aquarium. Will this mess with my water chemistry? If I put a piece of new rock on top of the old stuff with the old stuff turn live again. Just making sure that this is safe.

Thanks for all the help

Carlos
02/24/2003, 04:25 PM
The dead rock will come alive again. Only thing is that with dead rock, you will not be adding new bacteria to your tank. You will just be adding media for the bacteria currently in the tank. Two sides to a coin always.

Carlos

Agu
02/24/2003, 09:58 PM
"What would you do?"

I'd cure some of the dead rock in tub with a small piece of lr to seed it. All you need is a powerhead or airstone for circulation. You have no idea what is dead or died inside the old rock. Adding even one uncured piece to a nano could get ugly. If after a few weeks the tub tests 0 for ammonia go ahead and add it to your nano.

at least that's what I'd do,

Agu