PDA

View Full Version : Lfs

shamoo1
02/23/2003, 09:48 AM
Which lfs is the best for sps. Most seems very limited in their selection.

Here is my top 3.

1. Coral seas, very good selection of sps, and they carry aquacultured sps.

2. Reef Life, they carry some nice wild colonys.

3. I am looking fo the 3rd.

hlwdboy05
02/28/2003, 08:02 PM
Reef Life is really nice clean and really healthy fish inverts and corals.They will help you with anything you need.Very nice people.You are talking about that Reef Life around ravenswood and Bogis Cafe?Did you see the lobster they have ITS HUGE..Hope i help..

:bum:

shamoo1
03/01/2003, 12:19 AM
Yes, I have been there. I got couple of Acros and my Maxima clam.
Thank You for you reply.

Reefanatic67
03/01/2003, 08:08 PM
In Miami, Exotic Aquarium on Bird Rd has some nice SPS. Strictly fish, also on Bird Rd, has just started up an SPS tank and they have always been relatively cheap. Marine Scenes, off of Bird Rd (guess you guys can figure out where I live now :) ), has a limited number of SPS corals. However, all their selections are limited to a handful of corals, mostly wild colonies. Coral Seas and Reef Life have the best selection that I have seen. One option is to get them from Coralfragz.com. Rocky (Scubadude on this board) is located in Port Charlotte, just north of Naples. He shipped my order via Fed Ex and it cost only $20 for 6 pieces of coral and some sand. If you want to drive out there, just get in touch with him first before making the trek across alligator alley.

Manny....

david t
03/05/2003, 11:02 PM
Hi, Reef madness moved out of WPB to St. Augustine. However, I go visit family and friends in Broward and Palm Bch. Where are these lfs: Reef Life and Coral Seas?

I have a guy who grows SPS and sounds like your guy in Naples. He is very nice and has very good quality frags and larger specimens if you are ever up Daytona/St. Augustine way.:)

shamoo1
03/06/2003, 12:03 AM
Coral Seas is located in corner of prospect rd and 441 their phone number is 954-733-5302.

Reef Life is in the corner of Sterling rd and ravenswood rd.

Dougroberson
08/30/2003, 11:16 PM
Holy Smokes! My office is right around the corner from Coral Seas. I'll have to check them out!

aquamanco
09/02/2003, 09:44 PM
Check this thead http://archive.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65846&highlight=fish+collection

Bullredchaser
09/03/2003, 03:56 PM
Reeflife is the best in Broward,Ill have to check out the ones in Miami.