PDA

View Full Version : Woohoooo! Banggai fry release...

gas4544
02/14/2001, 11:48 AM
I woke up this morning and took a peek in the nursery tank. There they were, the first two fry. Nothing like babies to make your day - they are sooo cool!
Yesterday during lunch break I started up a new batch of baby brine shrimp. Looks like the five times/day feeding schedule has begun. I'll have my roommate take some digital pictures.

billsreef
02/14/2001, 10:13 PM
That's the kind of news I like to hear! Good luck with the fry :)

gas4544
02/15/2001, 11:53 AM
As anticipated, there are now ten banggers released and schooling together. Daddy still looks like a squirrel with a mouthful of nuts. Tomorrow morning I expect the school of fry will increase again.

gas4544
02/16/2001, 01:54 PM
Early this morning, I counted 32 fry. Daddy had released the last of them, so I easily netted him and returned him to the reef tank. Then I fed him.
This weekend, I will see if my roommate can take some digital pictures.

FMarini
02/17/2001, 01:03 PM
Senior Gas:
My apologies , as i was out of town for a week and returned to a number of banggai questions.....
Congrats on the fry
Seems like youre in business, start the brine shrimp hatching, ensure you buy new slecon, and enrich the baby brine. Or if you have handy Dt phyto's or taithan blend also are excellent at fattening up the baby brine, and providing critical HUFAs.
Feel free to drop a line and let us know how the banggers are progressing...remember day 10 is critical as babies deficient in essential HUFAs will start gettting SFS around this time, and it will be the indicator that you need to boost enrichment.
good luck
frank

gas4544
03/05/2001, 01:48 AM
Its a litle over two weeks since the release of the last banggers. I am counting thirty of them, but they are hard to count. I have not spotted any casualties, so I think they have all survived so far.
Wouldn't you know it - yesterday my pair mated again. So today I started setting up another nursery tank.
Last week, I found a potential buyer - one of my LFS. I figure its gonna be at least another month before I will be able to start weaning the brood off of live BBS. I may have two batches going at once for awhile if this new batch goes full term to release.