PDA

View Full Version : Tentative March Meeting!

edsiajb
02/22/2003, 02:14 AM
We have a tentative date for our March meeting on the 8th at 5pm. Robert and Kim McDonald are going to host the meeting at their home. They have three nice tanks and a great place for us to gather.

We are probably going to have a cookout and a frag swap. We also plan to copy the great idea the Mobile group had and make frozen fish food for everyone...each person will provide a different ingredient.

Stay tuned for the details...

Brad, if you don't make this one I think we are going to take you off of our membership list:D

jpsx3
02/24/2003, 10:39 AM
We have things scheduled during the daytime on that date but we should be able to break loose by 5 pm. If not we may be slightly late, but we will be there.

Leviathan
02/24/2003, 03:33 PM
Great I have been wanting to see Robert's tanks.

What are does he live in?

edsiajb
02/24/2003, 04:37 PM
Robert lives just off of I20/59 near the Million Dollar Lakes area. The exit is #100.

reeferaddict
02/26/2003, 04:04 PM
I'll try-
He lives in a place called Cleoesther Valley(sp?) about five minutes from my house. :D

Brad Gardner
02/26/2003, 04:58 PM
Brad, if you don't make this one I think we are going to take you off of our membership list :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

I'll be there!!! Only a few more days of working long hours!!!! I'm so tired. Can't wait. Anytime is fine with me after this Friday.

edsiajb
02/26/2003, 05:52 PM
Brad,
Sounds great...what kind of reef stuff will you buy with the big $$$ bonus you will surely get for working all those extra hours?
I was thinking maybe it is time for your 220! :D

jpsx3
02/26/2003, 06:49 PM
Did someone say a fellow named Brad was going to make it to a get together?:thumbsup:

I was beginning to think this was a fictional person added to our roster to give us more members.
:bounce1::bounce2::bounce3::bounce1::bounce2::bounce3:

Brad Gardner
02/27/2003, 04:19 PM
I'm really real!:D Our companies financials went out today @ 12:00. No more working 16+ hour days. Let the reefing games begin!

Leviathan
02/27/2003, 05:00 PM
I cant believe im finally going to get to meet Brad.:eek2:

Leviathan
03/02/2003, 05:14 PM
Since its going to be a cookout, is everyone going to be bringing a bit-o-food?

BTW- Jonathan, this would be a great time for me to finally gets that refractometer and frags you have for me. :D

edsiajb
03/03/2003, 04:09 PM
Chris,
No problem on the frags and refractometer. Let me know again which of the frags you wanted.

Leviathan
03/03/2003, 06:33 PM
Jonathan-

You got pm

jpsx3
03/03/2003, 07:16 PM
OH NO :eek:

I just realized this past weekend I have been planning events on top of events for this weekend.

My company has a booth at the home and garden show this weekend and I have to be there all weekend.:celeb3:

I am afraid I am not going to be able to make it to the get together.:sad2:

You all have fun. :dance: I will be thinking about you all while I am bored off my butt.

Sorry guys I will see ya'll at the next one.

Can you belive it? This goes completely against my New Years resolution of keeping work from interfering with my hobbies. I guess I will have to work harder at keeping my priorities straight.

jsfakianos
03/04/2003, 08:24 PM
Has the time and place been confirmed yet? Or, is the meeting still tentative?

Brad Gardner
03/05/2003, 10:06 AM
I don't know if I will make. My tank sprung a leak this weekend. What a nightmare. I may throw in the towel.

Leviathan
03/05/2003, 05:33 PM
My tank sprung a leak this weekend

Thats awfull Brad.

I know sometimes its seems like its one thing after another. If theres anything I can do let me know.

Ps- Dont throw in the towel, just breath and focus.

Brad Gardner
03/05/2003, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the offer to help.....it is just a mess.....I've lost much sleep....maybe after a few more days of rest I'll be more focused and plan what to do next.

Leviathan
03/05/2003, 06:07 PM
Understandable.

Is the leak up high or down low? How much is leakikng out aprox.?

I have only had a very slow leak in my old 55 but was able to fix it with silicon.

Brad Gardner
03/05/2003, 06:11 PM
It was below....and quite fast....John and Tein were big big help. I swaped out to a 90...old tank was 65....just had to remove everything...a pain in the ......need to get more lighting and bigger sump.

Leviathan
03/05/2003, 06:14 PM
Hmmm,

So it was the new 65 gallon? That sucks.

Maybe it was some sort of manufacture defect.

Sorry again, and I will help you out anyway I can.

Chris

Brad Gardner
03/05/2003, 06:15 PM
Thanks agian...yea it was excalty 4 months old. Go figure???

edsiajb
03/06/2003, 12:21 AM
Please respond for our head count.

We are meeting this Saturday at Robert and Kim
McDonalds home. The meeting will be a 5pm. We are
asking attendees to bring side items for a hot dog
supper. Chips, potato salad, etc., as well as sodas,
cups, plates and so forth will be needed. Please let
us know what you would like to bring along with your
head count.

We will also be making frozen fish food. Each person
who wants to participate should bring a seafood type
item (shrimp, clams, etc). Brad is bringing P.E.
mysis shrimp to add. Anyway, we will put it all in a
blender and share with the participants. I hope we
can keep the fish food separate from the people food!

Your best bet will be to plug their address into one
of the online mapping/directions services (i.e.
mapquest.com, maps.yahoo.com, expedia.com) and get
directions from your place to theirs. Their location
is just a couple of miles off of I20/59 and is very
easy to get to.

See ya'll Saturday!
Jonathan

If you did not get the email about this let me know and I will send you their address.

Leviathan
03/06/2003, 01:03 AM
Got the email,

Will let you know tommorow what ( People ) food item we are bringing.

jsfakianos
03/06/2003, 07:36 AM
Sounds great! My wife and I are planning to attend and we will bring two children. We will also bring plates for the hot dog dinner.

I am not sure about the pot luck fish food prep. I will browse the grocery before I come.

edsiajb
03/06/2003, 07:57 AM
BTW...I will bring colas.

Leviathan
03/06/2003, 03:59 PM
I think Robin and I will bring some sort of desert.

jpsx3
03/07/2003, 09:26 AM
and, I will be thinking about ya'll.:(

Leviathan
03/07/2003, 03:08 PM
Just out of curiousity, aprox. how many are going to be there total? Robins afraid she wont have enough for everyone if she dosent know.:rolleyes:

edsiajb
03/07/2003, 04:05 PM
I will wait until tonight for the final headcount. So far there is Robert, Kim, Brad, Chris (2), Jeff (4), Tomoko (2) and my family (5). I would expect there will be at least a couple more but at this point the head count is about 15.

reeferaddict
03/07/2003, 05:21 PM
The 8th is my mother's b'day and we have thrown together a last minute dinner for her. I will try to squeeze in the meeting in possible:rolleye1:
Anyone know if robert is ever on the board?

Leviathan
03/07/2003, 06:09 PM
Sounds good Jonathan.

I am looking so forward to finally getting thoses frags and the refracto. from you thanks again both you and Brad:D

edsiajb
03/07/2003, 07:16 PM
Re: Robert on the board...I know he reads the board but I don't think he posts. I have accused him of being the old "phrenic". :D
Ya'll remember those heated discussions?

g_gowin
03/07/2003, 07:18 PM
Hey everybody - me and my wife are planning on being there Saturday. We are bringing chips and plates. Let us know if there's anything else. Can't wait to meet everybody, especially Leviathan :D

edsiajb
03/07/2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by g_gowin
Hey everybody - me and my wife are planning on being there Saturday. We are bringing chips and plates. Let us know if there's anything else. Can't wait to meet everybody, especially Leviathan :D

Sounds great. Jeff already has the plates covered...can you bring chips and cups instead?

jsfakianos
03/07/2003, 08:34 PM
Hey g_gowin, I'll bring the plates, and I just logged on to post that my nephew is going to bring the cups. So, maybe napkins??? (I would think that chips for 20+people would be enough of a contribution.)

My nephew, Nicholas is only 5 1/2, but he would love to be part of the group even after me and my family move to Conneticut this summer or fall.

Leviathan
03/07/2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by g_gowin

Hmmmmm do I know you or something?:rolleyes:

edsiajb
03/07/2003, 08:47 PM
Don't forget to bring the ingredients for our "frozen fish food concoction"....for anyone who would like to participate.

Leviathan
03/07/2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by edsiajb
Don't forget to bring the ingredients for our "frozen fish food concoction"....for anyone who would like to participate.

I dont want to seem like a non-team player. But I dont feed my tank except a once a year addition of live brine thats all,,,so I will help make it but wont take any. Great idea though:)

jsfakianos
03/07/2003, 11:55 PM
I am going to bring some meaty foods (oysters or clams). I do not have access to macroalgae, but I hope somebody can pull some out of their tank.

edsiajb
03/08/2003, 01:02 AM
I'll bring shrimp and a few other things. Maybe I can harvest some macroalgae.

jsfakianos
03/08/2003, 09:14 AM
Here is Eric Borneman's recipe if anybody needs any ideas;

6 fresh shrimp
12 fresh mussels
12 fresh clams
12 fresh oysters
1 package frozen sea urchin
1 package frozen roe
8 oz decapsulated Artemia nauplii
½ cup dried seaweed (after soaking) (mix brown, red and green)
10 gm (0.3 oz) powdered sea greens/antioxidants
3 oz Marine flake food
3 oz tiny pellet premium marine food
30 ml Marine vitamins (Selco, Super Selco)

reeferaddict
03/08/2003, 12:16 PM
anyone bringing any frags? :D
I have two small frags of some neat tiny red zoo's with purple mouths that I may bring if I can make it. they're approx 1" squares.

anyone know what seafood item they may bring. i've got a packet of purple nori that might add some color;)

anyone use polysol vitamins (made for infants) as fish food suppliments? I do occasionally(mixied with garlic juice), and have had healthy fish from its use with no ill effects noticed. You can do a search here on RC, thats where I got the idea. If anyone wants to use it I got some.