PDA

View Full Version : To worm or not to worm

Sugar Magnolia
02/21/2003, 05:06 PM
I've got an Eclipse 6 that has been running for two months now - 12 lbs. LS and 12 lbs. LR. Salinity 1.023, Temp 80, Amm. -0, Nitrites -0, Nitates -2.5. 10% water change weekly. Biowheel and filter cartridge.

All that's in it right now is a true perc and a Sally Lightfoot crab. I'll be getting a blue mushroom and a flower ricordia along with two nessarius snails and two bumble bee snails on Tuesday. My question then is this... should I get a bristle worm to help stir up the sand bed or are worms more of a problem than a help? also, how many snails per gallon?

smatter
02/22/2003, 12:17 AM
Worms are great, I'm all about diversity. I would only put one or two snails in a tank of that size. One for every ten gallons or so is a good rule of thumb. People tend to go way overboard on the snails and hermits, fueling their algae problems with excess bioload. I would also take off the bio-wheel, live rock is a potent biological filter in itself.

Lunchbucket
02/23/2003, 12:34 PM
i am sure you got some of them in your rock. they will multiply to thier food source

Lunchbucket