PDA

View Full Version : Tank raised Rose BTA wanted?

kingsfan8888
02/20/2003, 10:28 PM
I am looking for a rose bta that is tank raised (split) does anyone know where I can get a hold of one at a reasonable price!

David P
02/23/2003, 10:48 AM
except for the reasonable price, yes. Aquatic Treasures in Palmdale has 6. The owner wants $250 a pop though.

moonpod
02/23/2003, 11:39 AM
Those things are never "reasonably" priced. You can get clones of green BTA's for like 20-40, but rose---always insanely expensive.

Jabrams
02/23/2003, 11:57 AM
my lfs has a few left for 120 a pop

moonpod
02/23/2003, 12:22 PM
That's not very helpful for those of us on the west coast though.

Glenntessmer
02/23/2003, 12:24 PM
There are several several RC members who put clones up for sale.
Prices range 95-125. Try a search on rose anemone.

Anemone
02/23/2003, 02:59 PM
I sell my clones for $60 a pop, and I have a waiting list. Some of the folks around here have my clones, so they can tell you it's not because they're inferior (or small). Trying to avoid making this a commercial post...

Kevin

David P
02/23/2003, 07:33 PM
Ok good now I don't have to ask you how much Kevin! Ive been thinking....

Anemone
02/23/2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by David P
Ok good now I don't have to ask you how much Kevin! Ive been thinking....

Well, shipping would be cheap :lol:

Kevin

moonpod
02/23/2003, 11:05 PM
Hey Kevin, put me on the wait list:D

Thanks, Charles

kingsfan8888
02/24/2003, 12:41 AM
Hey Kevin I definately want on that waiting list! How deep is the list rite now? If I pay 80 does that move me up on the list;) ? Also are any of your Roses splitting currently? Have any of the clones you had split as well? I have tons of questions about the animals . If you could give an overview of the animal it would be great.

Anemone
02/24/2003, 01:03 PM
Yes, my anemones are splitting (one split last week, so I'm up to 9 clones). Unfortunately, one I was expecting to split wandered and wrapped itself around a fluval intake screen...ugly, ugly, ugly...it'll be fine, but it's going to be chewed up looking for a while, and will use the energy it could have used to split to repair itself :( .

Yes, my clones in other's tanks are splitting. A local LFS (kind of redundant?) gets smaller clones from a clone of mine all the time. They have about 5 in the shop right now (1-2" clones, $49.99). A LFS back east (CRAquarium, www.inverts.com - that's my clone on their banner) had one of my clones split into 5 (Jeremy has had his clone for about 9 months). MrSandman had his split into 3 (had his about 4-5 months). I'm still waiting to hear on Technobuyer's, Joe Kelly's and Dr. Ron's clones (the others I've sold or given away in the last 8 months or so that I remember off the top of my head - there are a few more, but I can't remember their screen names off the top of my head...). I think my waiting list is about 5-6 people.

The store is Advanced Aquatics on San Fernando Rd. in Newhall. Ph # 661-255-2058. I have no problem if anyone wants to buy from them (not doing this to make a living :D ), but I'd call first to make sure they have some that aren't attached to rocks (the woman who has them brings them in on large chunks of rock, and the store waits for them to "walk" off the rock before puting them into their sales tank).

FWIW,
Kevin

kingsfan8888
02/25/2003, 07:31 PM
Kevin,

How big are the clones usually? Do they vary in size or does the main anenome usually lump off equal offspring. Sorry if I am a bit pretencious but, I have been wanting one of these guys for a very long time. Saw my first rose about 2 years ago in a tank I cleaned and could not get the lady to sell me the split for any price. The thing split in half literally and she only paid 40 bucks for it from by buddies old shop. She would not take 100 bucks for the damn thing. People love their BTA's and I am suprised you part so easily with them. :D

iloveinn
03/17/2003, 07:27 PM
Kevin,

btw what do you do to keep your anemones splitting? I sure would like to have 2 clones instead of one hehehe

Anemone
03/17/2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by iloveinn
Kevin,

btw what do you do to keep your anemones splitting? I sure would like to have 2 clones instead of one hehehe

Dunno. Just feed the tank (which I guess is feeding the anemones, since they catch most of the food). Jeremy from CRA was feeding his clone one cube of Formula 1 a day and his clone was about 16" and hadn't split. I told him to stop feeding it so much. He dropped down to "just" 1/2 cube per day (still more than I feed :D ). About a month later it split...into 5! Unfortunately, the 5th clone was puny and didn't make it :( But 4 did :D It took about 6 months from when he got the clone for it to split - others have split much sooner.

FWIW,

Kevin

sberman
03/17/2003, 10:17 PM
i just got one of kevins clones a week ago it is doing great i would say it is at least 4 inches when fully expanded well worth the 60 bucks he is asking for them they have good color and i would say better then what you will find in a lfs
scott

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
03/17/2003, 11:24 PM
Kevin,

can you put me on your waiting list? It's ok if i'm at the bottom for a while cause i am waiting for the tank to mature anyways and so i can get a feel of this new tank. Just to get a spot inline!

xlurker
03/19/2003, 12:49 PM
Kevin,

Will you ship to Texas? If so make you list one clone longer. BTW, can you give us an idea how far out you might expect the current end of your list to be?

Anemone
03/19/2003, 03:26 PM
I'm still trying not to make this a commercial thread. If you have questions of a commercial nature, please PM me. Thanks! :D

Kevin

kingsfan8888
03/19/2003, 06:58 PM
Kevin,

I do not think this is a commercial question but, what is the waiting list looking like rite now? I am just curious how many people are ahead of me? By the way how is the tank looking and do you have any current pics of your BTA tank? Thanks man I appreciate it.:) :)

David P
03/19/2003, 07:51 PM
Well I dont know if Kevin has a recent photo or not, but youve seen the picture of his GSP tank right? Well instead of green imagine bright pink! Its bit-chin!