PDA

View Full Version : goby with eye problem

DedHed
02/12/2001, 10:12 PM
(mr moderator, please wait a while to move my post. i think it will be seen more here. PLEASE)

i have a goby with a cloudy eye. i have moved him to the q-tank and treated the tank with furan-2 at twice the dosage for three days now. i will continue the treatment for the whole four day period. i have also been feeding him antibiotic food twice daily since he's been in Q-tank!

my question is will his eye ever get better? right now it looks smaller than the other eye. i can't tell that the medicine is really workin. what to do ?

thanks again!

dennis

DedHed
02/13/2001, 01:02 PM
i'm sure someone has an idea about this.

thanks so much,

dennis

billsreef
02/13/2001, 03:55 PM
Hi Dennis,

Does the cloudy eye appear to be getting any better or any worse? Basically if such symptoms do not change or get worse after 4 days of treatment I consider switching antibiotics, I would try either MaracynII (the SW version) or kanacyn at this point.

BTW If anyone is concerned with being sure of getting a response from Frank, HCS or myself on a question of disease treatment or fish breeding it is better to post in the Disease Treatment and Breeding Forum. The three of us that moderate that forum get automic emails from the board software that alerts us everytime someone posts over there, so you can be sure that one of us will be checking it ;)

DedHed
02/13/2001, 10:38 PM

DedHed
02/13/2001, 10:48 PM